1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with lens and dvd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'PS2' started by tjshady, Apr 13, 2005.

1. tjshady

tjshady Member

OK i have 3000 version of ps2. my dvd player doesn't work anymore. but the cd does. work really quick too. i turned the white nob inside all the way around and nothing. silver back, blue back, or swap disk. but does with any cd. i opened the back and turned the cd up a notch worked a little faster but i put it back b/c didn't need it any faster then i tried the dvd notch and turned it up a hair and that is when it stopped working. i see that on the cd side if you turn it too high the red laser light will keep blinking making a notching noise put it back down and the red light comes on for 2 secs and loads perfect. on the dvd no matter where i put that one it just blinks red about 20 times then spins the dvd sounding like it is then trying to read the dvd for about 20 secs but then just stops spinning. please can some one help me i don't think i should have to get a new laser if the cd is still working do i? if so where is the cheapest place? what else can i trouble shoot to get my dvd working was just working fine about 2 hours ago until i did that dvd nob turn. reason i did that is because it would only read silver back. and would read the swap very slow and play the games slow as hell turned the white nob and there were only 5 slots on the whole thing that would work with the swap disk but wouldn't work with anything else.

2. tjshady

tjshady Member

ok been about 14 hours since i posted this question is not anyone out there that can help me with this problem? please anyone just an oppinion or something please.

3. ZippoGuy

ZippoGuy Member

I'm having the same problem. Posted new thread for it cause i hadn't found this one yet. But no help so far. I'm looking into replacing the laser. If someone helps me on my thread i'll post their advice here for you.

4. tjshady

tjshady Member

cool thanks very much i still haven't figured it out. but i am still waiting on some one for advice

5. Cue

Cue Member

if u look at one of the stickeys on the forum http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/69274

it say's that if dvds dont work but cds do then theres something wrong with ur laser and ur better off replacing it. so i guess there is no way of fixing it, but dont take my word 4it.there are alot of websites which sell replacemnet lasers just search 4 one.

6. KRollie

KRollie Guest

I had the exact same problem with my last PS2. Tried searching for days on all sorts of forums for an answer. All saying the same."Buy a new Laser" At the time a new laser was £50 + delivery where as a new PS2 was £104. I chose a new PS2. After all my last PS2 was more than four years old and was chipped.
    Hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2005
  7. ZippoGuy

ZippoGuy Member

Well i finally gave up on trying to adjust mine and bought another one on Ebay for $80. Easier and less stressful than fixing the old one. there is a guy on there that sells used PS2s that he fixes up and he gives you a 1 YEAR warranty. That's better than Sony gives on a new one. the only thing is if you mod it (like i would with a fliptop) you'll void his warranty. but if you use a slide card or no mod at all it's worth buying one from him. I know a guy that got one and it's worked great for him. Anyway, i would suggest laser replacement or full system replacement and save yerself the headache of repairs. Ebay is a good place to look whether you want the full system or just the laser.

8. rhem

rhem Regular member

Check out:
    www.ps2laser.co.uk

Gr8 Site