1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with making my analysing/encoding times faster with shrink

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by Swine, Aug 7, 2004.

1. Swine

Swine Member

I am having difficulties with the time it takes to analyse and encode any dvd I copy. It always takes 30-45 minutes to analyse and then another 2.5-3 hours to encode the dvd. My burn time is only 12 minutes.

I have updated my firmware, checked if dma was enabled (it is), and closed all programs in the background.

I amrunning deep analysis and the sharp quality feature. My cpu when encoding is 100% performance. Is this the problem?

My computer:

moblie AMD Athlon(tm) XP-M 1600+
    1.40 GHz
    768 MB of Ram
    LG GSA-4081B DVD burner
    Sony DVD-ROM DDU1621

2. Gogui

Gogui Member

I would suggest not to use the Quality enhancement feature, I was getting the same results when trying that, without it the Quality is very good even when compression rates reads 60%.
    I use Deep analysis anyway but not the sharp quality.

3. RWG

RWG Regular member

Deep analysis is the time killer. I don't use it on anything but that's me. What you want to do is what is important.

later-

4. Gogui

Gogui Member

Interesting...
    Deep analysis takes about 1 hour and then encoding another hour, if I dont use the deep analysis, the encoding will befsater?

5. Gogui

Gogui Member

faster I meant

6. RWG

RWG Regular member

Yes, it will. Try it.

7. michigan

michigan Guest

using "Deep analysis" you will "encode" the disc twice, that is your time killer. For faster but less accurate backups don't use the "deep analysis". The quality enhancements are also a time killer. by doing both of these you are adding a lot of time to your backups but also a lot of quality. Video compression is all about compramise you choose faster or better quality.

BTW, That is actually pretty fast for doing both "deep analysis" and "quality enhancement"

8. YouWot!

YouWot! Member

Can someone answer if its ok for the CPU to be running at 100% throughout encoding etc

9. Swine

Swine Member

Thanks for the responses! Just found this forum and it is a really great place to find resources.

Everybody I know who rips/burns dvds says that my time for the process is a long time but now, I think that they are using faster less quality methods than my process. If that is the case, I would rather wait the extra time to get a near perfect copy than have a half-ass copy.

10. michigan

michigan Guest

It's fine encoding uses A LOT of processor, mine runs between 90% and 100%