1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with media type

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by naleca, Apr 16, 2004.

1. naleca

naleca Member

Hi guys, Im using a BTC dual dvd 8x burner with datasafe 4x ritek g04 and have had very little problems except for the fact that between myself and my kids we have 4 dvd players and my back ups will only play on 2 of the dvd players. Is there a media type that will play on all or most of the dvd players.

2. dougal58

dougal58 Regular member

Hi naleca.
    First of all i have the same writer as you the btc dual x8 speed,Ihave backed up about a dozen dvd's on ritek discs and they all play on 3 different players and on my ps2 with no problems,Sorry but i can't go past ritek which you say you used,It's just finding which disc is more compatible through trial and error,i'm surprised you have had bother with ritek.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG][/small]

Last edited: Apr 16, 2004
  3. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

This goes back to the basic trouble shooting, but did you check to see if all your players will play the media type your are burning? Some players only play -R, some only +R and some play both. It may be as simple as that. You can check player/media compatibility at www.dvdrhelp.com.

Jerry

Last edited: Apr 16, 2004