1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with media

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by jj77669, Apr 20, 2005.

1. jj77669

jj77669 Member

I recently bought some dvd-r's which have a blue bottom. I used dvd decrypter to rip three different movies: The Replacements, Friday Night Lights, and Spanglish. When I burnt the movies they either won't play or pause repeatedly during playback. Help, please help.

2. Ppower

Ppower Regular member

Need more info, what brand media, burn speed, buning program

3. jj77669

jj77669 Member

I used dvd shrink for obvious reasons, I used dvd decrypter to burn,
    and I have a new 3200 series Averatec laptop. I bought the media from discountmedia on ebay.

4. Ppower

Ppower Regular member

Get yourself some decent media and I'm sure your results will improve. Low end no name media is a 50/50 shot... or less. Just to be sure run your disc through DVD Identifier, it will tell you what you have

5. jj77669

jj77669 Member

What's dvd identifier?

6. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

7. jj77669

jj77669 Member

I'll get back to you guys when I try it out, thanks for the help.

8. Ppower

Ppower Regular member

Sorry I forgot the link, thanks Mort81

9. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

You're welcome. What did you find out? Some good brands of media are: online stores: Taiyo Yuden (beware of fakes), Verbatum datalifeplus (look for mcc media code beware of cmc media code), Maxell, Fuji. Retail stores: Verbatum (same applies), Maxell, Fuji, most Sony, and most TDK. Stay away from memorex period.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2005
  10. jj77669

jj77669 Member

They manufacturer is Longten Technology Inc.

11. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

It all depends on the individual’s preferences plus their knowledge of experiences with the media(s). The majority of people in here will say TY is the best. However, for me, I'm pretty much familiar with SONY, FUJI, TDK, Maxell and Verbatim. Apparently, 99% of the times I only used those mentioned above when performing a DVD-R back up. With that being said, I'm considering backing up on TY in the near future. In contrast, do what you deem that's best for you with the experience you've acquired.

Whatever you decided to buy/back up with, don't get Memorex and other cheap @ss brand -- this you must keep in mind.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2005
  12. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

You're going to need some better media. The problems you are having is common with cheap media. For video reproduction you need good, consistant, high quality, proven media with an even AZO dye layer. Try one of those listed above.

13. kivory666

kivory666 Regular member

please do yourself a favor and use mort81's advice. he's pretty much listed all the manufacturers that i personally use myself, mind you everyone's setup is different and with your new laptop, i seriously don't think it's even a hardware problem...definitely media problem.

i've heard of that media ID Longten Tech. Inc, i think they are a pretty low grade manufacturing company, like 3rd tier or 2nd tier at the very best, giving them even an ounce of credit to put them in the 2nd tier.

media makes all the difference in the world, spending a little more for Taiyo Yudens, Riteks, Maxells, etc. will go a long way, and agreeing with everyone else in this thread, i personally stay as FAR away as i can from Memorex, CMC MAG is not a manufacturer i want to deal with, despite being one of the largest in the world. quality control is not very tight apparently at their facilities, hence all these problems that many members on here have posted about.

good luck and keep em' burning.