1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with mod chip

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by kungahelp, Jan 23, 2007.

1. kungahelp

kungahelp Member

Hey, alright i need some help bad.. I've got this mod chip, which wont allow me to watch dvd's on my ps2 or play online. Is there anything i can do to let me play online or dvd's? Thanks

2. kungahelp

kungahelp Member

okay, i figured out how to get the dvd's to work but i still need help with the online.. Whenever i put in the startup disk it wont read it and sends me the the main screen with the browser and system configuration..

3. steimy

steimy Active member

you need to tell people what kind of chip it is. They are all slightly different in the way they load things.

4. ps2modgod

ps2modgod Guest

Yeah steimy is correct a little more help with what your setup is will go a long ways. Do you know how to disable the chip?

5. steimy

steimy Active member

best i can do with no info is give you this page of different boot modes (a little outdated) and you can just try a few things.
    http://home.earthlink.net/~moderator/id7.html

or you may just want to configure the network settings on the PS2 manually without using the disc at all. Just some basic networking skills, nothing that will blow your mind.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2007