1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help with mode b

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by batespcm, Jul 4, 2007.

1. batespcm

batespcm Guest

i have hitachi 00470j and i just cannot get it into mode B

i have used slax have the sata cable plugged into the available port on my motherboard i am using the 360's power cable

and the croc clip

just cannot get mode B

raid is disabled

do you guys need to know my diagnostics before you can help me?

2. shinnster

shinnster Regular member

I always have trouble using the slax cd to get into mode B, I would suggest the 2 wire trick as this takes less than a second & will work.
    Search for 2 wire trick and if you still have questions then feel free to ask.

3. batespcm

batespcm Guest

shinnster you are proving a diamond

got the mod hack guide for noobs that has the two wire trick in there so will give it a whirl if i mess it up guess there is n going back though?

4. shinnster

shinnster Regular member

trust me, you can not mess it up, all you have to do is touch the wires together for a split second and you'll see the power light start flashing. if you do leave the wires touching it can fry your drive but you won't do that :)

I use sewing pins, i put one in the bottom right hole, one in the top left hole (may be the other way round but there is a good pic in the noob guide) and then i use another one to bridge the 2, as soon as they touch, the light will flash and thats it, mode B :)

Last edited: Jul 4, 2007
  5. batespcm

batespcm Guest

im just becoming a nuisance now went out purchased some pins got mode b but no matter what i do pc wont find drive even though now in mode b

have disconnected external hard drive and disconnected standard dvd re writer

any ideas?

6. shinnster

shinnster Regular member

when you start up the pc does it show your drive in the list or not? (of sata drives)
    if it is definately in mode b, when windows loads (the bit with the scrolling bar) eject the tray a few times and see if that makes a difference, if not you may have to go into disk management and populate the drive (manually give it a letter)

7. batespcm

batespcm Guest

ok it does not show in the list of drives

and also i do the ejecting thing as i like to follow these idoits guides to the letter - must make me an idiot

will try the last thing you said

thanks

8. shinnster

shinnster Regular member

I had this problem iwth a mates hitachi, and all it came down to was what times we turned on the 360 and the pc. I think for us to get it to work we turned the 360 a split second before we powered up the pc.
    this took 2 of us as one has to get it in mode b while the other one done the power.

9. batespcm

batespcm Guest

cheers again shinnster

would you just recommend buying one of the sata to usb cables

as explaining this whole concept to the mrs may take some doing

10. batespcm

batespcm Guest

saying that i have one of them samsung dvd-rom's on the way for use with xbox backup creator didnt i read i could do them through that well i should say i have 10 on the way

11. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

If you're going to buy any thing to flash your hitachi drive, get a VIA 6421a PCI SATA card (less than $15) and you can flash every Hitachi with Slax2 (except for 79) and every Samsung drive.

12. shinnster

shinnster Regular member

hmmm yes it could be tricky explaining it to the mrs!
    I have never used the sata to usb connector so i couldnt say if its worth getting or not.
    Was you only doing this to back up games? if so then i'd say yes, wait till you get the sammy drive.

13. batespcm

batespcm Guest

yeah to backup games

+ may do a few flashes of friends 360's also

14. shinnster

shinnster Regular member

then i would wait for the sammy dvd rom drive for your pc, so easy to back up games using that once its flashed with the Kreon firmware.

but its always good to get round these problems and see why it isnt showing up in windows, is just frustrating though :-(

15. batespcm

batespcm Guest

i can flash my hitachi via sata with that though also? think i have read that

will see how much my computer contact will do me the VIA for

16. shinnster

shinnster Regular member

Sorry dude, had to rush off yesterday.

Am not sure what you mean by this
    And the sata card should not cost you much, in the UK they are about £12

17. batespcm

batespcm Guest

if i connect my hitachi drive from 360 to my new samsung drive that is going into my pc for creating backups i can flash using that or is that incorrect?

no worries about rushing off we all have lives away from the computer although my mrs would tell you i was lying about that sometimes - either way you have still been very helpful

18. shinnster

shinnster Regular member

No that is incorrect, the sammy pc drive is just for backing up the games.
    You will stil need to get your hitachi recognised in windows like normal to flash that.
    hopefully the via card may help.
    what chipset do you have atthe moment?

19. batespcm

batespcm Guest

Pass

how would i find out

20. shinnster

shinnster Regular member

As far as I'm aware its when you boot up the pc, when it goes through the first loading part you will see something along the top of the screen, unless its a sata card then you could go into device manager and look in scsi controllers, it should list what the card is, like mine says via6421.