1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with MP3 volumes?

Discussion in 'Software discussion' started by shraeder, Jun 4, 2001.

1. shraeder

shraeder Guest

Hello,

Some of my MP3 tracks seem to play at different volumes, but I want to put them on one CD- is there a way for me to change their volumes so that they will all be the same? I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks.

2. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

Changing audio file volume levels to similiar levels is called "normalizing" and I suggest you use MP3 Trim for this taks. Very small program that is relatively easy to use, you can find it from this URL:

http://www.afterdawn.com/software/specific.cfm?id=99

3. tApOuT

tApOuT Guest

Excellent suggestion. MP3 Trim is freeware and a great asset. Even though there is software that helps normalize, don't rely on it totally. You can still get songs at different volumes. Especially older songs. I use it to get the songs close to being the same, but nothing beats fine tuning it by ear. Put the MP3's you're going to burn to a CD all in one directory. Using Windows explorer (or anything like that) double click on the first song. Listen to small sections of it, then click on the next song. Do the same and adjust the volume if necessary with MP3 trim. I have found that tuning the CD by ear will give you the BEST normalization you can get. Hope it helps!

4. yrh79

yrh79 Guest

AudioCatalyst is a batter software for this task, and what's more, it's a very good MP3 encoder, which suports variable bitrate, excellent encoding/decoding for high performance playback. It's a software created bye Xing Tecnology Corporation.Just try it.

5. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

AudioCatalyst/Xing MP3 Encoder's quality is horrible if you compare it to modern MP3 encoding routines like LAME or BladeEnc.

6. paragon

paragon Member

you can use Paragon Software - Paragon CD-ROM Emulator - to edit track, then build image from them and write it to CD
    http://www.cdrom-emulator.com