1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help with mpeg to dvdr

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by CALITINO, Aug 28, 2004.

1. CALITINO

CALITINO Member

I have been trying to transfer my mpeg movies to dvd-r's and have been having problems. I use tmeg to encode it to ntsc dvd format then I use dvdlab to author but everytime I burn to dvdr like half ways through the movie it starts to skip seconds and then it will start back up then stop etc. and im really frustrated please help anyoneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. thank you

2. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Hi CALITINO,

Do you you mean that DVD Lab is stopping and starting during the burn process?

Rather than burn to a DVD, set your target to burn to a location on your hard drive. See if the program can do that.

After reading your post again, you may mean that the DVD is skipping during playback. Is that what's happening?

If that is the case it may mean that there is a problem with the media. What are you using for blank DVDs?

If you can explain step by step what you are doing we can probably sort this out.

3. CALITINO

CALITINO Member

THANKS FOR REPLYING YOURE RIGHT WHEN I PLAYBACK IT WILL NOT REALLY SKIP. BUT MORE THE SCREEN WILL FREEZE FOR A SECOND DURING PLAYBACK THEN PLAY FOR A SECOND ETC. I USE TWO KINDS OF MEDIA TDK DVD-R AND ALSO SONY DVD PLUS R AND SOMETIMES MAXELL DVD PLUS R .........when I USE DVD LAB IT LETS ME MAKE THE WHOLE DVD MENU AND IT BURNS FINE BUT THE PLAYBACK WOULD MESS UP.

4. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Don't use all caps when posting, against the forum rules.
    I never use DVD Lab to do the burn. I send the output to my hard drive and then do the burn with Nero.

Freezing discs are a pretty good indication of bad or incompatible media and even though you are using three different types, I would not use them for burning DVDs. Try some Ritek G-04 or Verbatim with the AZO dye.

This may just be a compatibility issue with your DVD player. Have you played other burned discs in it?

5. CALITINO

CALITINO Member

thanks alot frank for youre help I will try youre tip and hopefully it works.............sorry about the caps thing.............

6. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

No problem. The hard part is isolating the problem. Sometimes all a person can do is try some different things and see if that works. If for example you use Nero and the problem is still there then that would narrow things down a bit. Switching media to the brands I mentioned cures a lot of problems. All DVDs are not equal.

Good luck,
    Frank