1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with MS28 and VIA 6421A PCI card

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Phenix316, Jan 22, 2007.

1. Phenix316

Phenix316 Member

I have done a lot of reading and have tried for MANY hours but to no avail.

I keep getting folder already exists, no orig.bin located, or something like that, but also I can't seem to get my drive recognized by my nGear PCI SATS card with VIA 6421A chip on it. At first it just kept doing nothing, tried 10 second thing, tried waiting till in DOS prompt to turn on, on at boot, etc. Then i decided to plug in IDE and see if the card is even working. I got the IDE primary but nothing else. Then I tried with my regular HDD via Sata on the card and it didn't show up either. Is it possible that my card has a defective SATA connection and the IDE one is good? I was able to do my buddie's Hitachi through my onboard sata but not my MS28 through the nGear card. I made it so that my BIOS doesn't see the onboard SATA as best as possible but there was no option to turn it off, just to stop RAID, which I did. Is there anything you can think of that may help me out here? Don't want to return the card for nothing if it's me. Thanks

If you need more info to help me out please ask, or find me on messenger @ dwconsultants@hotmail.com $20 via Paypal to whomever helps me to get this work. Thanks.

2. mrlip

mrlip Regular member

3. BurningAs

BurningAs Regular member

ok, take deep breath and start over fresh:

-make floppy bootdisk. NOTE BOOT DISK
    -unplug all drives (option 1)
    - Take 360 plug sata to the connector, and make sure power and video are both pluged into the 360.
    - Make sure no disc in 360
    - boot from floppy
    -turn on 360
    -type mtkflash r /m /sata orig.bin and hit enter
    -you should see a menu with otions 1 for ide and 2 for sata
    -turn off 360
    -hit 2 for SATA (it will sit at port: XXXX, Master/Slave: XXXX)
    -Count to 10 but id say 12
    -Turn on 360
    -Firmware should read
    -Edit the bn and reflash in using - mtkflash w /m /sata x52A.bin
    i did the exact same on my ms28 and worked nicely
    GL

4. drahz

drahz Member

I see you tried the 10 second thing, but I found that it's more like 30 seconds, and pause for 30 secons after every step to save your self a headache.