1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with my dsm4 lite chip.

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by harley8, Mar 28, 2007.

1. harley8

harley8 Member

I tried looking around but I couldn't find an answer to my specific problem. I installed my new chip. I used the led tester and it tested fine. I can disable the chip with the square button so I am assuming that the chip is working correctly. I downloaded toxic bios so that I can play backed up ps2 games. I loaded the toxic bios cue and bin files on a disc and put it in my ps2. It goes to the system browser screen and the disc shows up there but when I click on the disc nothing happens. What did I do wrong? And how can I tell for sure that the chip is working correctly? Sorry if this question was answered already but I couldn't find it.

2. BIGnewb

BIGnewb Guest

1)dont know what the problem is but you said you put both the .bin and .cue on the cd but when you have bin and cue files or mds and mdf you burn one of them onto the cd by using the option to burn image and in your explanation you used the word loaded so not sure what you meant.
    2)what kind of disc did u use?

3. steimy

steimy Active member

you burn just the cue file to a CD, not both.
    You know the chip works when you can read that disc and flash the chip with the BIOS. Then of course you really know when it can play back up games.
    Personally i do not know much about the lite, i bought the DMS4 Pro because of all the extra features that ToxicOS has over ToxicBIOS

Last edited: Mar 29, 2007