1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help with my Japan BB Pack [SCPH-50000MBNH] PS2 - Mod Chip & Hdd compatability??

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by wk989, Feb 19, 2007.

1. wk989

wk989 Member

I own a SCPH-50000MBNH PS2, Midnight Blue also called "BB Pack" it includes a Network Adapter & 40gig HDD in the box.

I am wondering if anyone knows about compatablity with this ps2 & mod chips & HDLoader,

This is the PS2 i have:
    See here : http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-o-49-en-70-2fb.html

I want to buy this mod chip: DMS4 EZI SE Lite Solderless Mod Chip
    See here: http://www.consolesource.com/ecomm/...olderless-Mod-Chip-p-2508.html#detailed_image

though the sites says it is compatable with ps2s v5-15, dose this meen it wont work with my ps2 v50000MBNH?

Also this ps2 has a 40gig hdd built in, Can i upgrade that to say 120gig & use HDLoader to backup & play my games off the hdd?

I have no idea if my ps2 will work with this mod chip, also it would be nice to know if i can swap the hdd & use HDadvance,

Any info would be great.

Thanks in advance!

2. wk989

wk989 Member

bump

3. wk989

wk989 Member

bump

4. trimesh

trimesh Member

The SCPH-50000 is a "v9", so it should work fine.

You can replace the HDD with another one (as long as it physically fits), but you need to enable the "atad patch" option in the DMS menu to have games written for the official HDD to recognise it.

Be careful when you install the chip - those clips require quite a bit of force to connect, so make sure that they are perfectly square on the PCB, or you risk damaging them. Personally, I prefer the sort of chips you solder in...