1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP WITH MY MODDED - WII

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by IW03, Apr 6, 2007.

1. IW03

IW03 Member

Hey how u doing pplz...Ok well here is the story, my cousin brought a modded wii over from hong kong. It was bought already modded. It is a Jap version. Well at the moment, i dont know what chip it is that it has inside.

Problems so far, Playing copied games, well i put the disc in. It will load it SOMETIMES, sometimes i have to turn it off and on or reset it several times before it works. Sometimes i eject the disc then back in a few times before i get it working. Sometimes it works straight away.
    i tried playing GC (genuine) games - No luck. Havent tried hard enough, only tried a couple times.

Just wondering if anyone can help me with this, is it normal? at the moment i dont have any genuine games, so i dont even know if it'll work straight away.

Also, anyway of changin the language of japanese at the start up menus to english? probably not

All help is appreciated it, thanks peoples

Last edited: Apr 6, 2007
  2. bass_hit

bass_hit Regular member

Go buy some legit games. Grab a used GC and used Wii game down at EBgames or something. Then We'll talk.

Discussing the playback of illeagle bootlegs is against forum rules.

As for the language selection, your are going to be stuck with Japanese language menus. Japan only had one language built into the system unlike the US systems.

3. IW03

IW03 Member

All my GC games are legit and real and genuine, no bootlegs. The games i got for the wii are borrowed from my cuz.

"And discussing the playback of illegal bootlegs is against forum rules"
    - I read around the forum, and there were things talkin about how to burn games, and backup wii games and talkin about mod chips so i thought i can ask about it in my thread. So i thought it was ok. Sorry man.

But i am going to rent a wii game from blockbuster and see how it goes.

But until i try that out, any help still would be good. Thanks