1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP! With my new HDD

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by voumv, Dec 3, 2004.

1. voumv

voumv Member

I recently bought the Western Digital Caviar 160 GB IDE Hard Drive 7 400 RPM 8MB Buffer, MODEL: WD1600JB-00GVA0

I was wondering if anyone knows if this hard drive is a good one, and most importantly IS IT LOCKABLE????

~Thanks in advance~

2. scottas

scottas Guest

It should work fine. Just about all of the newer drives are lockable. I can't remember the link, but do a search in the forums and one of the posts has a link to a list of hdds and whether or not they can be locked. I'm pretty sure the new WD's are able to be locked.

3. mbrenke

mbrenke Guest

how can u lock the HD cuz my xbox is not working, when i turn it on I get an error 16 so i think my HDD isnt working and it may be because it became unlocked so i need to know how to relock it so it works again. any help would be appreciated.

4. sjchu

sjchu Regular member

Error 16 has nothing to do with locking or unlocking of your hdd. You should get error 5 or error 6 instead. Error 16 has something to do with the MS dash.

5. mbrenke

mbrenke Guest

Ya i figured out what it was and i need slayer setup 2.o to fix it so if you know where i could possibly get it taht would be really cool. thanks