1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with my new PSP, A Noob in trouble

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by wanzx, Mar 21, 2007.

1. wanzx

wanzx Member

Hi all,
    I'm a totally new in PSP and homebrewing, I just bought a psp with 3.10oe-a from Ebay. It arrived just fine and when I tried playing a game with no UMD it said error and from reading all the post I know that I had to go the recovery menu. So I did, but in the recovery menu the screen goes black and it took about a minute or so for the recovery menu to show up and everytime I press a button the screen goes black again, it happens everytime I press a buttom. I tried searching for the problem in the forum and Google but I can't find any clue. So I thought I might brick the psp and since I can get into the recovery menu I thought I can fix it using Hexitnow's winstaller.

So I downloaded hexitnow's winstaller 1.50 recover and did exactly what it written and I follow the instruction untill it said that the process was completed and restart my psp manually. Now everytime I turn the psp on, the same thing happened to the recovery menu happened to the main menu (the screen goes black everytime I press a button) Is there anyway I can fix this? Help me please anybody....

Any help is greatly appreciated.

wanzx

2. chanman1

chanman1 Regular member

maybe its a bad PSP...u might have gotten ripped off man

3. wanzx

wanzx Member

Well, it was ok until I tried to go to recovery menu and enable the umd option, which didn't happened :) besides that, I tried a couple of ISO with a UMD and it works fine.

4. wanzx

wanzx Member

anybody can help me? I looked like a fool sitting in front of my monitor refreshing every 10 minutes just to see if someboyd replied yet :)

thank you,
    wanzx

5. balkie16

balkie16 Regular member

yeah thats what I'm guessing as well. sorry dude might be a bad psp. try to return it if possible and go get a psp from a store and hope its downgradable.

6. wanzx

wanzx Member

Thanks Balkie, I've contacted the seller but unfortunatelly it seems to be my fault trying to downgrade it to 1.50. Anyway, I can't access the recovery menu now, everytime I shut it down and press the R button while restarting, it just plays the psp sound and goes directly to menu after about 3 minutes. I can still access the menu since the sound is still there and the screen would go on after a few minutes but then turn off again after I press a button.

Is my psp salvageable, I'm willing to pay for anybody who can fix it.

Any help would be appreciated...

wanzx

7. balkie16

balkie16 Regular member

i was going to say you probably wouldn't have a chance to return it since you downgraded to 1.5, should of left it at w/e it came as dude. try and wait for hexitnow or someone else who fix psp's to post here.

8. wanzx

wanzx Member

Yep, it will cost me I know :) but what the heck whatever happenned happened for a reason :) Thank you Balkie, I mihgt PM hexitnow since in his sig, he said he fixed psp for cheap :)

wanzx

9. wanzx

wanzx Member

Everybody,
    New development, I managed to reinstall 3.10oe-a back using hexitnow 3.10 installer (hex you are awesome) and the main menu is back :) however recovery menu is still showing the same symptom as before, the screen is black for about 5 minutes before it show up and then when I press a button the screen goes black again.

Do you think installing 3.10oe-a2 will help with this?

Thank you,
    wanzx

10. staxx

staxx Regular member

He sold you a faulty psp. Its his fault. There was a guy here on these forums complaining that happened to his psp not too long ago...maybe he was the one that sold it to you? He had changed his topmenu_plugin.rco on his 3.10 oe so maybe the person that sold it to you was doing the same thing and couldnt fix it so they decided to sell it on ebay. You should file a complaint to ebay though saying he sold you a faulty item...if all else fails take it to wal mart, say it was given to you as a gift and you dont have the receipt. Then explain to them you took it out of the box, turned it on and it was having those problems. Then ask if you can exchange the item...if they give you a hard time then ask to speak to their manager keep insisting that they sold you a faulty item and you want to exchange it.

11. wanzx

wanzx Member

Staxx,
    Thank you for replying, yup it might be a faulty psp, I contacted the seller but they haven't replied yet, his nickname is game_funk and eh is selling a bunch of these PSPs. I'm not sure if I can go to Wal-Mart and exchange it since I already have 3.10oe-a` working on it. The problem is just whenever I go to the recovery menu it took a long time for me to navigate since it take some time for the screen to come on after I press a button.

Is there anyway I can fix this? If I change the topmenu_plugin.rco will it solve the problem?

Any help will be greatly appreciated
    wanzx

12. chanman1

chanman1 Regular member

i doubt it, topmenu is ur xmb icons and stuff

13. wanzx

wanzx Member

Chanman,
    Thank you, the PSP works fine now except for the recovery menu, I can navigate through it but it just takes a long time since I have to wait for the screen to light up. I can play my ISO/CSO without any problem. I tried reflashing it yesterday with 3.10OE-A` but the problem with recoveyr menu still persist.

Anybody have any ideas on how to fix the recovery menu? I'm affraid to dowgrade it again and fully bricked my PSP. I haven't even got it for 24 hours yet :D

Thank you,
    wanzx

14. wanzx

wanzx Member