1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with my PS2

Discussion in 'PS2' started by tb582, Dec 31, 2004.

1. tb582

tb582 Member

I got a refurbished PS2 for Christmas Model # SCPH - 30001, and serial # begins with K0051....

I have acquired copy of grand theft auto San Andreas, it was compressed in .rar, I extracted the iso...and burnt it to DVD + R, but when I insert it into the ps2 it comes up with "Please insert a Playstation or Playstation 2 format disc".

Please tell me what I need to do regarding my specific playstation. I'm assuming that I need some sort of mod chip, please let me know what I can do with my specific PS2.

2. Ag3ntNe0

Ag3ntNe0 Guest

Yes, you HAVE to have a mod to play burned backups. Either a fliptop for version 30001 with swap magic or a mod chip. Try looking at www.linker4u.com

3. tb582

tb582 Member

I was reading else where that said not to install a mod chip because the laser burns out quickly, is that true?

4. p4_tt

p4_tt Active member

Try swap magic

5. tb582

tb582 Member

6. tb582

tb582 Member

well ??

7. p4_tt

p4_tt Active member

You would also need a slidecard or a filptop aswell as the swap magic disks

8. Jixxer

Jixxer Member

You have to use quality media and take care of your discs..if you play your beat and scratched up discs you will have problems ...a new play station is 178 bucks here in Canada...buying original games at the retail store...priceless...pick one ...its easy decission..replace the Station ...or buy over priced games.....so what if it blows up in 2 years..what it costs to play backups its well worth it.