1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with my PSP!

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by notrugod, Jul 18, 2007.

1. notrugod

notrugod Member

so i just got my psp back from a friend. she claims to not have done anything to it, but when i try to enter text (like into the web browser) the cursor is constantly moving to the right. also when i try to quit a game by pushing home, the screen nearly freezes and i cant select yes or no. has anyone herd of anything like this and how they may have fixed it? any help is appreciated. thank you.

2. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

What's your current firmware?

The constant moving cursor has to do with the analog stick getting loose. It can happen on it's own. It's a easy fix, but it does require you to take off the faceplate, which will void your warranty.

3. notrugod

notrugod Member

my firmware is 3.51.
    as for the cursor, i have no problem opening it. i have before, but that isnt the problem i think. i will have a look anyway. thank you. do you have any ideas about my home button problem?
    thank you agian.

4. notrugod

notrugod Member

so i figured it out!
    once i open my PSP i immediately saw that the top right button was stuck, so i couldnt type anything into the PSP, but i also couldnt move left or right on the 'quit game' menu when i hit the home button. thank you again for your help. haha as for the warranty... it was void the 3rd day i had the damn thing. i was always opening it to fix the analog stick. lol... well thank you again for your help.

5. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

The home button freezing thing, is your psp freezing or just the buttons not responsive? I mean, can you move between yes and no? Can you return to the game by pressing home again? Also does it happen anywhere else, like while listening to music or watching movies?

If your psp actually freezes, it usually is a software problem. But since you are on 3.51, highest firmware now, there really isn't anything you can do about it. Maybe upgrade to the next firmware when sony releases it, might fix the problem.

Edit: Lol, looks like I just missed your post. Anyway, glad you worked it out.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2007
  6. notrugod

notrugod Member

thank you again!