1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help With nero

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by Demo38, Sep 30, 2004.

1. Demo38

Demo38 Member

hi gus,
    having probs burning with Nero, after i compile songs i want ad then click burn i get the error " cannot connect TRF " and so ends my attempt at burning, im using Nero burning rom V 6,3,1,10 sony edition, on my sony dual layer dvd burner DRU-700a, i have burnt b4 on it but sometimes the error appears for no reason, i checked the help file and no referance to TRF in it,
    any help would be very much appreciated,

2. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

I have not seen this issue since Nero 5.0 -5.5 versions. In the Nero folder there is a file called newtrf.dll, and this file is either missing or corrupted.

I would recommend doing a clean uninstall of our Nero software, and then a fresh install. In some cases you only need to download our latest updates and install over your current version to resolve this issue.

Regards,

Craig

Ahead Software
    USA

3. TLudwig

TLudwig Member

I too am now experincing problems with Nero. I had moved it into another folder then when opening the program it starts then promptly shuts itself down.

I have no clue to the reason. I returned it to its original place only to have it do the same thing.

I am using Win98se with Nero vers. 5.5.9.9

Any help would be appreciated...by the way...it came with my system so I do not have the installation CD

Thanks

T

4. Demo38

Demo38 Member

ty Craig 4 ur help, have d/loaded updates and so far so good, again i appreciate your help
    steve

5. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

Hi TLudwig,

Not sure what you mean when you say, 'I had moved it into another folder'. Do you mean you installed it into another folder, or that you physically copied it to another folder? I hope the first. :)

In any case, I would recommend that you use the Nero 5.5 Clean tool to uninstall the sofware from your system. (Be sure to have your serial key written down some where first). And then download our latest Nero 5.5.10.56 and install and see if this resolves your issue. And you can install it anywhere you like.

Regards,

Craig

Ahead Software

USA

6. TLudwig

TLudwig Member

I had it installed in one folder then moved it into another.

Does this create problems?

Any other program I have done this to, the only thing I ever needed to correct was the path name or icons. Other than that I never experienced a problem.

T

7. TLudwig

TLudwig Member

ps...where do I find the serial key? Pardon my ignorance.

T

8. TLudwig

TLudwig Member

one last thing...I see you listed Nero 5.5.10.56

the link sent me to Nero 6.3.1.25

Do I need to find the one you listed or just d/l the latest? If I need what you listed can you give me a specific location of where it is?

Thanks a million

T

9. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

Since you have Nero 5.5, you can only upgrade for free to the latest Nero 5.5. To upgrade to Nero 6 you would need to purchase an upgrade for $49.99 US dollars.

When you go to our Nero website, select the DOWNLOADS option, and then UPDATES and under updates you will see an option for PREVIOUS VERSIONS. Then click on Nero Burning ROM and there you will find the latest Nero 5.5.10.56 upgrade.

Regards,

Craig

Ahead Software
    USA