1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help with Nero!

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by bushfilm, Mar 31, 2005.

1. bushfilm

bushfilm Guest

I have just re-installed Nero (I think V.6.0 but may be older) onto my computer, running Win XP Pro SP2, and when I try to burn a date DVD, I get a dialog box that says it is incompatible, see Ahead for update, blah, blah. When I go to the Nero site to try to download update, when I click "download", nothing happens. I clicked "continue" in the incompatible box, went ahead and burned the DVD and it seemed to work. Anybody tell me what I need to do to get this working perfectly? Also, when I try to play a movie DVD, i get a box that says "Nero Showtime can't start this DVD, please close all other software that might be trying to play or in pause..etc." I am not running any other software that is trying to play the movie...help, I seem to have nothing but problems with Nero...is there anything better out there? Thanks!

2. eldad29

eldad29 Member

After installing XP SP2 installs a popup block on your computer. When you'll open Explorer you will see under the address bar something like " 0 Blocks", which tells you how many popups have been blocked.

When you try to download the update from NERO you wiil see under the address Bar, a message that tell you to click on it to allow this popup window, which is the file download update.
    This tip will help you for farther websites, when you wont see windows that are suppose to open.
    After installing the update you won't have anyproblems, unless you didnt install it correctly, and in that situation you will need to reinstall the update.

If I have typing mistake please forgive me, I am new to the USA