1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with new DVD Decrypter 3.5.1.0

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by madmax69, Sep 9, 2004.

1. madmax69

madmax69 Member

1) ISO Read works fine but then ISO write does not allow me to select the ISO file and automatically switches to MDS file and DVDDECRYPTER tells me that it will change it for me so I cant burn my game ISO file.

2) The older version works fine on most games...should I just stick with that one?? I was thinking that maybe the latest one had some updates as far as removing newer copyright protections..The version that had been working fine was 3.2.3.0

I appreciate any suggestions as to what to do.
    Reason I was trying to use a newer version is I haven't had success for the first time in backing up two newer games which I bought. One is Madden NFL 2005 regular edition and the other is ESPN NFL 2K5. Both dont get past loading screens. Used the older DVD Decrypter ISO read then write with prodisc dvd-r 4x white printable with no luck...Maybe its the media???

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

i'd just stick with the older version then. the only major difference is that the new version has better duel layer burning support.

3. toyfigure

toyfigure Guest

I ran into the same situation as madmax69 did. Downloaded the latest version of DVDDecrypter and when I tried to choose the ISO files to burn it saids I need to choose the MDS files instead.

I thought WTH so went with the burning...guess what, it worked! I still have the older version on my computer but as long as the new version works I'm going to do it every time.

4. madmax69

madmax69 Member

Thanks for your reply.. I am going to stick with the older version now. I just have to get different media to see if the problem with two backups not working is my prodisc media or something else. I'm gonna try Ritek G04 although funny thing is that the prodisc is rated very well..Maybe they don't work well for PS2 because of the printable surface. Go figure...some cheapo Great Quality i got at Fry's have always worked

5. LIGHT_UK

LIGHT_UK Member

The MDS file works like a CUE file (from BIN + CUE file fame).

The same data is burnt so dont worry about it. The MDS file just gives the program a bit more info about the image so it doesnt have to guess so much.

There is no reason to stick with the older inferior version, just learn to select the MDS file when burning instead of the ISO! It's really not that tricky ;)

6. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

Prodisc are certainly not trustworthy , I would imagine the problem lies there [with the 2nd rate media] ;c)

7. ute

ute Member

I am also having trouble with 2 espn games - nhl 2k5 and nfl 2k5. I have burned dozens of other games with no problem at all. I am using the old dvd decrypter and swap magic 2.0.