1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help with new dvd movies

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by bikerboi, Feb 9, 2004.

1. bikerboi

bikerboi Member

hi, i'm new to this. i've been using dvd decrypter 3.1.9 and dvd shrink 3.1 to backup my older movies just fine, however i just purchased the italian job, xXx (vin deisel) and the hulk( which my kids already turned into a coaster), and i can't get them to play anything except the making of portion of the dvd. i'm using an lg-4040b and burning with the only prog i have which is neodvdplus5 which came with my recorder.
    i have tried doing main only, all, and even main and shrinking menus to smallest size and deleting all but english 5.1 and english subtitle. is it me or is it the new dvd's. if it's dvd's please tell me how to fix. please help kids are mounting a new attack, ... they want the hulk to come back!
    thanks for any help given

2. Ketale

Ketale Regular member

Hi bikerboi,

There shouldn't be anything different with the new DVDs compared to the old ones (I didn't have any problems with Hulk), so let's go through your setup:

You need DVD Shrink 3.1.[bold]4[/bold] (unless you already have it)
    and I suspect that the problem could be with neodvdplus, so let's try another program to see if that does the trick.

Nero would be one way to go, but if you don't want to buy iy, here's a link to ImgTool Burn, a very simple and free burning utility, simply select the folder containing your DVD files and the burning speed and your set.

http://users.evtek.fi/~samulib/SetupImgTool_1.1.1.exe

Have you used the same media for your previous backups? You could also see for firmware upgrades for your burner.
    Well I hope you get your backups made before the originals get destroyed! :)

3. Ketale

Ketale Regular member

ยด

Last edited: Feb 10, 2004