1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help with online connection please anyone

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by Henry007, Jun 8, 2007.

1. Henry007

Henry007 Member

i have recently tried to connect my ps3 online, i have a laptop with wireless modem, the modem only has a usb port that connects to the laptop, the laptop has wirelss capabilities. i have tried connecting wirelessly to the ps3 but cannot find my wireless network. does anyone know how to find it, i have tried to create one but it will not pick it up either. also have tried connecting with wired connection, connecting with wired connection is what i want to do and everytime i try to connect the local area connection it disconnects and says a network cable is unplugged. it then connects again automatically but will not connect the ps3 online. i have also tried bridging the 2 networks but don't really know what i am doing when it comes to that. if anyone could give any help it would be good.

2. Jlhfit

Jlhfit Regular member

1st you have a modem that is not wireless, so it only allows 1 IP, unless you service provider allows 2 static IPS assigned to that paticular modem, you can only connect 1 network device at a time... you can bridge your ps3 to the laptop wireless. to do that right click on my network places, highlight both the wired lan connection and the wireless connection, right click and click bridge connection.. now it should create a bridge connection between the 2... now select "setup a home or small network office" go through the wizard and select the setting "this computer connects directly to the internet." once that is done, setup the ps3.. that should be the easy part...