1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with Panasonic DMR-HS2

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by Jono, Oct 15, 2002.

1. Jono

Jono Member

I had a DMR-E20, a Sony 335 DVD Player and a VCR Mode cable and could succesfully backup my DVD collection. I have replaced the DMR-E20 with a DMR-HS2, same connections and everything but cannot copy using this recorder. Does anyone have any ideas.

Many thanks in advance

2. wipe2000

wipe2000 Senior member

Little I know, but I've heard that direct digital copying from DVD-players and PCs is intentionally prevented in HS2. Also I've heard that you can use the digital camcorder to cheat the copy protection, but then you have to be able to copy the movie to the camcorder first.

3. nightm99

nightm99 Guest

I just bought a hs2 The first dvd i tried to copy using my toshiba to hs2 would not copy. I also have a decoder (sima) which I put in line. this did not work either. ( i could copy to a vcr from any dvd player using the sima) I then purchased 2 older apex unit a 1500 and 600a. using theither of these i would run the output from apex to sima to input of hs2 to vcr to tv. can make copy of any dvd

4. uncow

uncow Guest

Buy an 'APEX 1100W' dvd player with the upgraded firmware already loaded (try Ebay) -there are a bunch of people selling them. I did and now I can copy ANY dvd from ANY region. Its the coolest thing!!!

5. Jono

Jono Member

Looked at EBay but could not find this player. Does anyone else do it? I'm in the UK so maybe it's only availble in US. Maybe another manufacturer "badges" this player.

6. dkohl

dkohl Member

will the Sima work to write to your DMR-HS2 through your VCR?

Last edited: Dec 2, 2002
  7. cordless

cordless Member

I use a Digital Video Stabilizer for 85.00 it connects to any video source either S-Video or composite and works like a macrovision washing machine. All you do is connect the video input to the box and the output to your DVD Burner and the message "Cant copy copyright" goes away. I use netflix to copy all my movies I get 8 DVD per session, Copy then return the next day for 8 more, my cost is .50cents per DVD for rental and .99 for media usint a Panasonic DMR-HS2.. Its great.. SuperMan loves it!

8. dkohl

dkohl Member

which digital stabilizer are you using???

9. dkohl

dkohl Member

this keeps getting cheaper

Last edited: Dec 5, 2002
  10. flubug

flubug Guest

Does anyone using this machine have problems with video breakup when transfering to DVD-R? When I try to transfer videos captured on the HDD using FR, the signal will sometimes (not always) start to break up into horizontal video bands and garbled sound on the final DVD-R. This happens on playback with other DVD players and with the DMR-HS2 I used to make the disc.

11. dkohl

dkohl Member

I have made 3 DVD-Rs and none play on any of my other DVD players...I have closed them...They are o Maxwell DVD's what else could be wrong..anyone else having this problem???

12. flubug

flubug Guest

When I asked about the video breakup, machine shutdown, and "no disc" message on the HS-2, the email I got back from Panasonic said in its entirety "Thank you for your inquiry. We recommend that use Panasonic, TDK, and Pioneer brands of "General Media for DVD Video Recording" discs." Not much help since I was suspecting they would blame the discs.

13. Mikeet

Mikeet Member

Cordless, What Digital Video Stabilizer did you use or please post the URL of the site you got it from.

Thanks

14. bohol

bohol Guest

uncow what APEX 1100 did you get? I have seen them with modifications ie region free,
    regionfree, macro free. and one listed as region free, macro free, and CGMS/A free. which one do we get? I actually bid on the CGMS/A and was outbid by $.99 I suspect trechery was afoot as I was wining a 2hr stand right up to 5 sec to closing.

15. bohol

bohol Guest

cordless , where did you get the stabalizer? Or at least what is the name? can you post it here?

16. dkohl

dkohl Member

I am going to try one more time..I have posted and now can't
    I have a filter from this site http://home.cfl.rr.com/filter/
    I nhave made copies of VHS tapes but no DVD backups but hear it works.
    Cost, $154 with shipping..more than $85 but you have the URL!!!

17. bohol

bohol Guest

I purchased a d series APEX 1500 from Circuit City for $57 and did the firmware upgrade and solved all the problems concerning the Panasonic DMR-HS2

18. mepirate

mepirate Member

bohol - let me be clear. You are able to play DVDs on your APEX 1500 and record them on your DMR-HS2? If so, did you use the firmware modications from vcdhelp.com? Thanks for the help!

19. bohol

bohol Guest

yes. after getting the upgrade from www.nerd-out.com He has firmware for a myraid of DVD players with instructions.

20. dkohl

dkohl Member

does the apex 1500 play DVD-r??? what serial number did you get? I Saw some C1500 at Frye's and wanted to check the number before I bought>>>
    but you still need a box if you want to burn VHS to DVD