1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with Panasonic DMR-HS2

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by Jono, Oct 15, 2002.

1. large1

large1 Member

jono,mikeet,there is a macro/cgms removal lead available from www.multiregionmagic.co.uk , it is in the form of a scart lead with small 12 volt transformer and works great.£49 there delivery service is ultra fast and they are really helpful if you ring them.

2. jrpatel

jrpatel Guest

I have purchased HS2 system one ago. I have four SVCDs which I copied to HS2 hard drive (4 diff programms) and created DVD-R with LP. Total time for all four is 255 mins. I finalized and play on Samsung DVD player. I havedone same with my home video, evry time I play the DVD-R, it draggs the movie on 2nd programs, some time third programs. It does not dragg same place every time, different all the time. If I rearranges the program files, some time it creates good copy and no problem playing the DVD-R. I played on GE1401P, SamSung S222. Same result.

Any solution or patch for this.

Thanks in advance.

3. dkohl

dkohl Member

the 1500 will work. last I looked they had them on Fry's website..think it is outpost.com
    they were less than it cost me in the store..of course y7ou can't see the serial number in advance...

Last edited: Jan 20, 2003
  4. dkohl

dkohl Member

double post

Last edited: Jan 20, 2003
  5. bohol

bohol Guest

dkohl you do not need to see the serial number in advance. If the 1500 starts with ABC or D then the firmware upgrade will work! See messages left in the past. The serial number is on the box at the lower left side of box.

6. jdm001

jdm001 Member

I have a Sampo 620 (apex clone) and the firmware on it is Macrovision and Region Free (by way of bypass).

I just got the Panasonic dmr hs2, can I copy from DVD to the HDD on the panasonic? I used to have the cheaper model panasonic but it wouldn't let me copy directly to dvd-r, so I'm hoping the HDD will work.

What would I need to do? I currently have the Sampo dvd player hooked up to my receiver, and the dvd recorder reads the signal from there.

Jm

7. bohol

bohol Guest

jdm001 Look at my message Jan 15th. go to the link there and look up your machine. It will give you the information you seek. If your model is not there I think you can ask the person who manages the link about your particular one and available software to use.
    You mention you have the firmware on this item. Have you tried it yet? I am surprised the cheaper model Panasonic did not allow you through as the controlling software is not as powerfull as the HS2!

8. bohol

bohol Guest

ALL DVE631CF and for use on DVE320/520/620 series & clones
    NOT for Sampo DVE360D, Tokai 838dts, Wharfedale M5
    2.1 28/05/02 NEW! VCR Friendly/Multi-region selectable, CGMS/A disabled, .vob/.ac3/.dts file playback compatability, new independent Sampo splash screen, thumbnail picture numbers reinstated
    HERE
    jdm001 try this software off of nerdout.com it looks like it should work. Note the cgms/a is the file that must be disabled. Yous should find all the information there! Good luck!

9. mepirate

mepirate Member

I just wanted to confirm with everyone that my APEX 1500 works! I'm thinking about buying another one just in case this one breaks. They still have them at Walmart.com. Sorry I haven't replied earlier but have been out of the country with no access to e-mail outside my company's network.

10. tigersfan

tigersfan Member

Hi,

I'm new to this message board, but have a question. I bought a DMR-HS2 about a month ago and am very happy with it, but have a question about burning movies that are longer than 120 minutes. I currently use 4.7GB DVD-R's but in SP, I can only record 120 minutes. Burning in LP, for movies more than 120 minutes is one solution, but the picture quality is noticeably affected. I also know that 9.4GB DVD-R's exist, but I believe the DVD literally needs to be turned over, which is a bit of a nuisance.

Is anybody aware of a way, using DMR-HS2, that I can record a 120+ minute movie onto one DVD-R, in a SP mode, and without turning the DVD-R over?

I really appreciate any assistance.

Greg

11. rdm2400

rdm2400 Member

I want to buy an DMR-HS2, I am going to use it for taping TV shows and watching them later in my house and in my car, with a Kenwood 911 DVD player, will this work, and if it will what DVDs do I buy to tape with?
    Thanks
    rdm2400

12. KILO

KILO Member

rdm2400, I have a panasonic DMR-HS2 unit and I absolutely love it!! I can record anything on it. I have digital cable and a DVD player connected to it. The DVD player is connected through a "Video Copy Master" by Sema ( www.sema.com )to get rid of the microvision protection. You can buy the VCM at CircuitCity, Best buy, or directly from Sema.
    For DVD-R media I use DVDPro or Princo from Meritline.com, check out pricewatch.com for the latest prices on media. I bought a DVDPro 100 disc spindle Saturday for $77.
    The DMR-HS2 is a pretty good unit. you can put a 2 hour movie on 1 disc in SP with good video quality or you can put 4 hours of VHS quality on 1 disc. I normally use SP and the videos look good.
    The unit itself is pretty easy to use although I haven't used all of its features. I use it for very basic recording. Also you can edit the video a little bit by cutting, splitting, adding titles. It has a generic menue 9 choices for menue backgrounds for your DVD recordings. Also it automatically makes chapters every 5 minutes. it has a PC Card media slot for uploading digital photos and it also has a DV port. So far my unit has worked great. I have no complaints...

13. dkohl

dkohl Member

a few comments. I do not think the sima takes out all copy protection with the newer tapes/Disney stuff..unless it has been upgraded recently. Please comment.

If you read, Primco is not very reliable playing on other DVD players with the HS2. Good comments about compatability of the ACCU or Beall..try http://store.yahoo.com/cdrdvdrmedia/

If you want to copy from DVD player then you need to get one to hack and it will copy just fine. see vcdhelp.com/dvdhacks.php

Last edited: Mar 3, 2003
  14. rklcgr

rklcgr Member

Having problem with video break up when copying tape to dvd-r. Any suggestions?

Also, when copying a dvd, is there any way to copy menus and titles at the same time or do they have to be created each time I copy the DVD?

15. dkohl

dkohl Member

great HS3 info at the wholewideweb...try to go there...video breakup is a complicated problem may have to do with your media(general consensus)...some blame it on the HS2...how much you are putting on the disk...and on and on...
    I am still on the same 100 spindle of ACCU dvds and have good luck with them...I had Pixalization on one DVD toward the end..which is the most common place...I retaped and never figured out what caused it..same media...same movie...

Last edited: Mar 18, 2003
  16. rklcgr

rklcgr Member

Bought Sima Video Copymaster. Want to back up extensive VHS collection to DVD. Many of my VHS tapes won't copy because of copy protection. I thought copymaster was suppose to correct this? What do I do now? THANKS!

17. dkohl

dkohl Member

yes, I have heard that the sima does not do what you think. It does copy macrovision but not CMGS which is what most newer tapes and Dsiney, Star wars use....run CMGS is a search engine.

there are several "black boxes" which over come it and with the Sima I hear you get more stabiulization so you have not wasted you money too badly.

I use this box "zorillo filter" and it copies whatever I want but if it is an older tape I get black lines on the DVD in a spot or two...sima might cure that problem ...whether you buy it or not read the links to get more info

http://home.cfl.rr.com/filter/

also go to whole wide web and you will see other boxes that are cheaper. I cannot vouch for them but do know the above works on everything so far...
    I hear the star filter works too and it is cheaper... do a search to find it's web site.

good luck

18. rmcghaw

rmcghaw Member

I am new to this forum and I think I may have been duped. I have the DMR E30 and I just bought a Pyle PLTVD 91 mobile player because I was told it was macro free. I am still getting the copyright message. I paid $142 for it. What can I do next? Apex 1500 with firmware? Can I do the upgrade myself or is it too complex for a non-techie? HELP!

19. mepirate

mepirate Member

My suggestion would be to review the messages that have been previously posted. There is a lot of good information regarding the APEX as well as support DVD-Rs. I have the APEX 1500 with the firmware and it works great. In fact, I bought 2 and am saving one as a backup. It's a pretty easy process to follow - although I am a techie. Good Luck.

20. dkohl

dkohl Member

I use both the Apex and a filter because i do not want to hook and unkook cords and I copy both VHS and DVD.
    the firmware upgrade is so easy as long as your computer has a CDRW.follow the instructions, copy it on your CD and put the CD in the DVD player.