1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with PC

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by daddy163, Jan 14, 2007.

1. daddy163

daddy163 Member

Every time I start to Play the movies my PC shut down. I have windows XP AMD sempton 2500+ 768MB of ram 60GB hard drive and Geforce FX 5200. WHen i install this game my power unit went out and I repalce that, but now every time I want to play my PC shut down and I have to reboot it.

PLEASE HELP

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

check the can shaped objects on your motherboard which are capacitors. they are supposed to be flat topped not dome & no brown stuff on them.

3. daddy163

daddy163 Member

Everything looks fine

4. SRH22

SRH22 Regular member

Seems like your having power issues.

First of all what wattage power supply are you using? maybe its to low to support that game and your computer shuts down to prevent damage to the system. I assume that game uses lots of graphics and (i didn't check) I'm guessing your graphx card is plugged into your power supply.

Seems like every time you go to run that program your graphx card kicks in and uses more wattage that your able to support, and thats why it shuts off?

It would be helpful for more info.

5. daddy163

daddy163 Member

I just replace the power unit right afte r I started playing that game. My new unit is a 12V 450W unit. The graphx card is plugged in. Need anymore info let me know.

Thanks