1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with playing burned Demos.

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Noobyman123, Aug 27, 2011.

1. Noobyman123

Noobyman123 Member

Hi guys, I need some help.

So have the demo Sonic Generations, and it's been unlocked so I can play the other half of the demo. I have the files online, but I want to know, can I just burn the hacked demo to a disc, and then hotswap it to play it? Or do I need to J-tag it in order to play the hacked demo?

I just wanted to be sure before I tried anything, so any suggestions?

*P.S. I didn't know if this belonged in the discussion or mods section, so I posted it in both. Sorry about that.

2. funksoulb

funksoulb Regular member

With unmodified demos, you can just burn the demo to a disc and pop it in the 360 and it'll show up in your games library. You don't even need to use a dual layer DVD either. You can use a CD or regular DVD (as long as the demo will fit on there) or even a USB stick.

The only thing that might mean it doesn't work is that you say "it's been unlocked so I can play the other half of the demo" as I'm not sure what that means, but it sounds like it's been modified in some way, which may mean that it'll only run on a JTAG. The demo is under 700 MB so try putting it on a USB stick and see if it'll play. It saves you wasting a disc.