1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help with playing burnt games on original xbox using unleashX

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by mikec209, Nov 25, 2011.

1. mikec209

mikec209 Member

My original xbox is softmodded with unleashX doing the hotswap method. It is a samsung dvd-rom SDG-605F.

My problem is, I download 2 games, one from thepeerhub.com witch is counter strike, and the other from 128bit.me witch is 007 everything or nothing.

I burned the games onto- memorex dual layer 8.5GB 8X disk using Imgburn. I have a acer laptop running windows 7.

When I put in the 007 game it freezes a lot in the beginning and only plays till the first check point. I copied the game to my hard drive and it loads and runs smoother but the xbox still freezes again at the first check point and will not continue.

The other game, counter strike will not play at all. The screen says "theirs is a problem with the disk, it may be dirty or damaged". Can somebody plz help.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2011
  2. mulletinc

mulletinc Regular member

Wrong topic.

3. Modking30

Modking30 Regular member

LOL orig Xbox, wrong area too. You probably have a modded atari too?

4. eebeejay

eebeejay Regular member

Don't laugh at the modded Atari. I modded mine from 4-bit to 6.5-bit. Now THAT'S power!

Not sure what you mean by hotswap. I still have 3 modded Xboxes (best console ever for mdding), an Xecuter 3 chip, a DuoX2 chip, and one soft-modded via MechAssault.

I just went into my archive of games and I have those games on a Sony DVD-R and a Maxell DVD-R. No need for dual layer discs with those. Had my son play through 007 on the Xecuter and the soft-mod box. No freezing at all. It may be a bad burn for you. Try re-burning them onto a single layer disc, and keep in mind that there were about 5 dvd drives for that console. I don't remember which is which, but some read DVD-R, some read DVD+R, some read both, but I do remember that the Phillips was the only one that read CD-R. Co if it doeasn't read your +, try a - instead.

As I stated above, mine still works. Try re-burning onto single layer 4.7GB discs (brand should not matter).