1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with playing downloaded ps2 dvd games.

Discussion in 'PS2' started by jasonmila, May 11, 2004.

1. jasonmila

jasonmila Member

I have a v7 ps2, no solder mod chip and the swap magic boot disks. I have copied several games and they all play perfectly.

I have gotten a few games lately though and can't get them to boot all the way. The games are espn baseball 2004, fight night, syphon filter omega strain, onimusha blade warriors and samurai warriors.

They boot up and show the opening stuff...credits, opening movies etc. but then it always goes to the "please insert a ps or ps2 format disc" screen.

Here's what I have done to try to troubleshoot:
    Tried burning with both nero and alcohol 120.
    Downloaded the swapmagicfix disc (didn't help).
    Tried burning at 1x with both nero and alcohol.
    I also made sure they were ntsc discs.

I'm lost, any ideas?

Last edited: May 11, 2004
  2. account

account Guest

no one will help you since downloading games is ilegal and against forum rules so i sugest you edit your post or you will be banned

3. benagain

benagain Regular member

yea, what he said.

4. jasonmila

jasonmila Member

Ok, it has been made abundantly clear to me that I made a mistake and I apologize. I have since tried to copy the originals myself and had the same problem. Does anyone have any idea why the games will boot and show the opening sequences but then stop working?

5. punx777

punx777 Regular member

the same thing has happend to me, i think u should adjust your laser, clean your laser with one of those disks, and make sure ur disks are clean,

that usually fixed that mistake