1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with PS2 backups

Discussion in 'PS2' started by triplexxx, Nov 27, 2004.

1. triplexxx

triplexxx Member

I have a ps2 with a magic v and i try to play ps2 backups and always tell me that is not a ps2 game format .I'm using alcohol 120%, and i tried with Nero too. i apriciate if somebody help me. Thanks.

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

what brand media? + or -R? what version ps2?

3. triplexxx

triplexxx Member

The ps2 version is 30001R version 5,The media is memorex dvd+r

4. breach

breach Member

I have got the dvd decrypter. I have put a ps2 game in and went into "mode" then to "iso" then "read". Then when that is done it is sent to my hard drive and when I click on "mode" then "iso" then "write” it takes me to that iso file and when I click on it it gives me and error says to choose the "MDS" file. It is a very small file like 5kb where the iso file is 4,452 kb. I don't burn the MDS file do I? I have ruined 3 dvd-r now trying to figure this out. Are my settings wrong? Can someone help? I have read that it is as simple as read and then write but what am I doing wrong?

5. nonic

nonic Newbie

i use 'record now', 'make exact copy,'and voila! back up done in 15mins! i use imation +R or philips+r,Tom Clancey games occasionally wont play on back up (2 failers) out of 40 back ups.(v4,v5 and v7 ps2)
    Try using different program,plenty here who can tell u best/easiest to use.
    Make sure all running programs are shut down before you try to 'back up'.computers prefer to 'just rip and burn' with nothing else running.

6. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

yah burn at slowest speed as well. Also, you could try dvd decrypter. Have you successfully backed up any games yet. Your ps2 might just not like your media. Seems to be picky with + and - and brands.