1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with PS2 HDD

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Frogman7, Jan 18, 2005.

1. Frogman7

Frogman7 Guest

So I have installed a HDD in my PS2. I formatted it using WinHIIP and I think it's working but not for my purpose. I put the drive in my PS2 not to back up games but to use it for traditional PS2 harddrive purposes. I can't get Resident Evil: Outbreak to recognize the harddrive. When the game loads up I can see the HD beep its LED light through the PS2 mesh but then the game wont allow me to install game content. Anyone have a workaround or am I just wasting my time? Also I have the magic swap card set so I can them to install exploits. If you think an exploit or something of that would help, plz send a link. Thank you :).

P.S. Im using a Maxtor 60gig Harddrive

2. Stinky_1

Stinky_1 Guest

As far as I know you cannot use the HDD in the same way as you could with the official PS2 HDD. There is a special install disc that makes the PS2 recognize it as an extra memory device. So games that use the hdd to save extra content (IE Socom 2) cannot use your hdd to save that content.

It is my undertsanding that there is a patch for the hdd to allow the socom stuff to be stored on a different hdd such as yours, but other games I am not sure about.

3. Frogman7

Frogman7 Guest

Alright it's good to know that there might be a way out there. Anyone elses information on this topic would be much appreciated =P

4. jim_yz80

jim_yz80 Member

you need hdloader or hdadvance theres info about a memo exploit for them on this forum

5. Frogman7

Frogman7 Guest

I have done the exploit all though I dont quite understand how to use it *sigh* so I got to the part where there is like a kinda DOS lookin screen and thats it. Maybe I got the wrong thing, but would HD Advance/ HD Loader make it work?

6. Stinky_1

Stinky_1 Guest

if you got to the dos looking screen then you are there!

Just press R1 on your ps2 controller, then scroll down to mc0 and hit "X".

Then find a file called "BADATA".......click on it

Now just find the HDLOADER.ELF and click that, it should boot right in.

7. Frogman7

Frogman7 Guest

Alright ill try that, I hope it works.