1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with PS2 parental control reset!!!!!

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Strz, Dec 26, 2004.

1. Strz

Strz Member

Does anyone have a working solution to resetting the dvd parental control level on the PS2?......can't remember the code that I set years ago. Happy Holidays!!!!

2. Sarah_16

Sarah_16 Member

to change the code just keep on pushing the new code u want on ur controller and after about 4 or 5 times of pushing the same code it will change the code to the code u keep pressing

3. djscoop

djscoop Active member

you can then go into the setup by hitting select, and change the level from 1 to off.

4. Strz

Strz Member

How do I do that when I can't access anything without the code.....

5. djscoop

djscoop Active member

that was assuming that what Sarah_16 said worked. I had the same problem with mine, I however was able to set the code, then go in and change the settings. I honestly don't think typing in a different code 5 times will work, if it does thats not much protection.

I just read some playstation website forums, and according to them the code '7744' or '7444' will disable it. let me know if it works...

6. Strz

Strz Member

Thanks for all your help!!!! Got it working and turned everything off this time.....see you guys soon!

Keep Livin!!!!!

7. gorec9897

gorec9897 Regular member

[bold]for anyone else with this problems do this:[/bold]

first insert a dvd movie(any),go to setup and access the parental control settings when asked for your code simply enter this 4 digit code "7444"; It will prompt you again to type in your password now type "0000". scroll down to the movie rating options to where you are highlighting the word "off" (recommended to not even use parental control - it doesnt work very well anyways ;-).