1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with psp 3.71 M33-3 truning on! (keeps freezing)

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by Bond8, Dec 6, 2007.

1. Bond8

Bond8 Member

Hello, I have a psp version 3.71 M33-3. Anyway, I had a custom background pack that I could click on when going into games. Anyways, I chose a background, and now it freezes when I turn it on. I can go to recovery mode, but what do I do from there? The file is called XMBTMbeta and is under games150.

PS Someone told me I have to do something with my flash files, if this is it, can someone give me instructions on how to fix it?

2. thereiam

thereiam Member

soz im a bit of a newbie, not sure if ill b much help but i think when u enter recovery mode u go down to advanced, then toggle usb flash(0 or 1) im not sure then search for the file and delete it

3. thereiam

thereiam Member

soz, me again, if u say the files in GAME150 when u get to recovery go to Toggle USB at the top then go to ur GAME150 and delete the file

4. Bond8

Bond8 Member

The only thing, is that it contains my original background, because the file I was talking about has my original background in it and has custom backgrounds with it.

5. Bond8

Bond8 Member

Any help?

6. thePSPhkr

thePSPhkr Member

hmmmmmmmmm, well, you don't really screw with flash files in a GAME150 folder (unless its some type of 3rd party software). That requires a access to flash 0, what i recommend, if all else fails. Is download a 1.50 Firmware update (eboot.PBP file), and just downgrade your PSP back to 1.5, then just reupgrade. Next time you do a theme upgrade (excluding pdf thems that can be changed in the theme settings) ALWAYS, make a copy of your flash 0 files. That should help out.

P.S. i don't know if you know, but just to be sure, NEVER, EVER, mess with Flash 1, that is what makes your PSP function, period.

Cheers, hope it works mate. ;)

7. Bond8

Bond8 Member

Hey, I'm hoping this is good news. I found an old file of my flash0 I saved. Where would I put it in my psp to fix it?

8. haasmon92

haasmon92 Regular member

God there are so many noob-like questions and answeres here...what firmware are you currently running? Do you have a slim or phat PSP? You might have to recover to 1.50 and re-install your CFW.

9. Bond8

Bond8 Member

I have a 3.71 M33-3 phat psp. Everytime I turn it on, it freezes up because I was using a custom background program called XMBTMbeta. I have found an old flash0 file I saved, in case. Could I fix it using that?

10. haasmon92

haasmon92 Regular member

What FW is the flash0 file from and what's it's name?

Last edited: Dec 6, 2007
  11. Bond8

Bond8 Member

Its called flash0, the firmware is 3.40oe

12. tmbm

tmbm Regular member

go in recovery and format your flash0

13. Bond8

Bond8 Member

I've already tried with no success. Any help from any pros out there. I really need your help.

14. LUFFYPSP

LUFFYPSP Regular member

format your flash1.if still doesnt work,downgrade back to 1.5 n then upgrade to 3.52M33-4(3.52M33 first) n then to 3.71M33-3 again.