1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help with PSP.

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by xvz, Jun 21, 2007.

1. xvz

xvz Member

hey im a total newb with all the PSP modding and hackin goin around. My friend can play UMD games off of his memory card so...
    I want to know how its done.
    I havent bought my PSp yet so can i do it if I buy one now???
    Even if i cant how do you do it and is it free???
    THX
    -XVZ

2. snypeshot

snypeshot Member

your friend either has a mod chip or an old version of PSP possibly with custom firmware. if you buy a PSP from the stores now you wont get a downgradeable PSP, which you need to play homebrew. hte same thing happened to me.

3. pspmexicn

pspmexicn Member

well u can ether get demos at psp underground and what firmware is he using btw if u get a psp dont upgrade or u will die lol downgrade and upgrade to 3.40 OE NOT 3.40 official
    and u friend was probably running homebrew(not signed by sony)EX:if hes playing the whole madden 07 without umd(disk) he playing it illeagly if its homebrew its stuff like mario sonic Emultaors

4. xvz

xvz Member

Ya I understand all the legal junk and stuff, just if i get a psp RIGHT NOW!!! Will I be able to run homebrew??? How??? How do I get homebrew??? How do i downgrade???? where cn I download all these files???? why do my hands smell like egg salad???

5. glenquag

glenquag Regular member

Wrong, at Zellers they have version 2.60 PSP's. With the letter I. Also some with the letter K which is 2.71.

You can tell what version the PSP is by the box by looking here:
    http://forums.qj.net/f-guides-gener...e-using-box-codes-september-7-2006-28718.html

The latest version you downgrade as of right now is 3.03. But the Noobz team will be releasing a downgrader for all firmware versions up to 3.50 (The latest). For anything above 2.80, you will need GTA: LCS Unpatched to downgrade. But for the new downgrader coming you will need Lumines 1. Which is easier to find.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2007