1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help with psp..

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by aznclem, Dec 2, 2007.

1. aznclem

aznclem Member

sry.. i was looking around the forum.. but it got kinda confusing...

well i tried upgrading my psp to 3.52 and it worked.. but i don't have an iso folder or anything like that, and i tried making my own, but i can seem to get my iso/cso to be detected, it always say no game detected, and i tried downgrading to 1.50 using this http://www.evilpsp.com/story/getting-confused-upgrading-downgrading-not-anymore
    but it doesn't let me, say something about cannot downgrade the 3.52, so... can someone help me? do i still need to downgrade, and how do i get my iso/cso to work. o, how do i kno if i have custom firmware.. thx.

2. cee43ja1

cee43ja1 Regular member

go to settings -> system settings -> system information.

if your system software says 3.52, then you have official firmware. 3.52 m33 is custom firmware.

from what you said, i'm thinking you updated to official firmware. you can't downgrade easily now, because anything 3.51 or higher will require pandora's battery/magic memory stick.

3. pets34me

pets34me Regular member

atleast there are a lot of threads that can help you make a pandora battery

4. aznclem

aznclem Member

oic.. um.. ive seen a lot of pandora battery stuff... so how do i kno which one to use...
    and i checked.. i have the real version >.<

5. cee43ja1

cee43ja1 Regular member

memory stick won't be a problem. the battery is, if you don't know someone that has a custom firmware psp.

6. aznclem

aznclem Member

er.. actually how do i kno if i have a pandora battery or not? i got it off my uncle, which a frd gave him,... so i have no clue if i have a pandora battery or not.

7. aznclem

aznclem Member

sry for double post.. .but the second thing is my psp is fat.. but i keep finding about pandora battery and needing to pin and stuff.. so would you mind helping me find one which isn't? appreciate it.

8. carp940

carp940 Guest

You'll have to make a pandoras battery using one of the guides here. It is very unlikely you have one.

This guide is probably the one you'll need. AFAIK, cutting or desoldering that pin or buying a premade Pandoras battery is the only way to get you to custom firmware, uless you know someone who has custom firmware already... in that case look here.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2007
  9. aznclem

aznclem Member

Last edited: Dec 2, 2007
  10. carp940

carp940 Guest

I looked at that guide and it's kinda old, it doesn't claim to help with a 3.52 firmware. You should stick with one of the ones I linked to.

11. aznclem

aznclem Member

oic.. darn... its kinda scaring me out...but er...
    do i need custom firmware to play iso/cso? or is there a way to play them without custom firmware? Well, i'm going to borrow my friends pandora, but um... if i do need a custom firmware to play iso.. wuts the guide to doing that?

Last edited: Dec 2, 2007
  12. carp940

carp940 Guest

Yes, you need custom firmware to play iso/cso.

Once you get the custom firmware on your PSP, you just reformat your memory stick with the PSP, then copy any iso/cso you have to the ISO directory on your mem stick. I'm pretty sure formating the MS will create an ISO directory. If it doesn't then just make on on the root of your stick (x:\ISO replacing x with the memory stick drive letter) Then turn on your PSP go to game--->memory stick and it should be there. If you get an error message (i.e. game cannot be started) then there are guides here that address that, many times it's just a setting somewhere.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2007