1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with putting together a vcd of holiday vid clips and photos

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by freeeky2, May 5, 2004.

1. freeeky2

freeeky2 Member

Hi, im looking to create a VCD with a few holiday snaps and video clips that my digital camera has stored on it.

The snaps are in JPG format and the video clips have been merged together then converted using tmpeg to a vcd compliant MPEG file.

I used Nero to create a VCD as normal and put in the images and the one video file, but unfortunately when viewed through my dvd player on my tv, it only showed the video and no still photos.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

M

2. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

I've used a couple of different methods, one is to assemble your compilation in Windows Movie Maker then select .avi as the output onto yor HD. Then open the avi in NeroVision Express. I think the feature is called "Make your own VCD movie" or something like that. I make DVDs so my actual technque is a bit different. Also NVE has an option to add a slideshow to the movie you are making. Did you try that?

Win Movie Maker comes with XP and has really nice transitions. The .avi output is a pain if you are making DVDs however I think it has a VCD option so you may want to take a look at it.

Cheers,
    Frank