1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with Quality!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by ron12347, Feb 16, 2005.

1. ron12347

ron12347 Member

hello,[​IMG]

i have problems with quality of my dvds.
    when i encode and burn a movie i always seem to see squares,its not as crisp as if u watching a retailed dvd.
    Does anyone know the [bold]best[/bold] encoding sofware out there because i use loads of softwares but cant find a good one.
    Ill name some that ive used and dont turn out good winAVI,TMPGenc,DvdSanta,Nero vision and some more that i cant remeber.

Thx[​IMG]

2. sox2k4

sox2k4 Member

the best encoder is DVD Rebuilder (see guide for this), short of spending lots and lots of money. the best ripper is DVD Decrypter. another really good program, and much easier to use, is DVD Shrink. LOTS of posts about all of these here on afterdawn - peruse and i think you will find them all really easy to use.

3. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Hey ron12347: If using all those different programs and still getting,"squares", It sounds more like a media issue. These squares? Are they more like pixellation.It could also be burned too fast.

When you view those backups,are viewing them on your pc-the drive that burned it- or on a stand alone dvd player?

How fast did you burn them?

What brand of media/speed rate/and format? example- phillips +r 4x.

This sounds like a simple media problem,better quality media should help.The poor quality media can really screw us in many ways.

Check out the manufacturing codes and run an error scan the the free version of dvdinfopro.Download here: http://www.dvdinfopro.com

Post back that manufacturer I.D. code
    Dvd decrypter and nero will also tell us that code.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2005