1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with R4 for old DS..

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by KaptainFudge, Dec 23, 2013.

1. KaptainFudge

KaptainFudge Newbie

So here is the situation:

A few years back I got the R4 Revolution for DS cartridge for my original Nintendo DS (Phat), along with a 4gb Kingston microSDHC memory card. I know there are compatibility issues with the 4gb cards and the old R4s, but it was working perfectly fine on some unknown version of a ysmenu firmware.

In a moment of stupidity, now years later, I decided to update my firmware which resulted in failure. I have tried everything I can do to get a working firmware onto my card, but to no avail. It always gets stuck at the first "Loading..." screen.

Does anyone know of a firmware and all the files I will need to get my card working again? A tutorial on installing everything would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance.

2. Anniemoon

Anniemoon Member

3. KaptainFudge

KaptainFudge Newbie

Sorry, been busy with the holidays.

R4 Card

This is the card I have for the original DS, along with a 4gb Kingston sd card. This site mentions using Wood firmware, but I've always had issues with it on this memory card.

Will be trying the guide you posted and updating with my progress.

Thank you for the help.

Edit: I have updated my cart with the updates in the link you provided and still no success :/

Last edited: Dec 26, 2013
  4. Anniemoon

Anniemoon Member

You can not use a 4g sd card with this card, because this card currently only support the 2g sd card. try another 2g sd card, it will be working.

5. KaptainFudge

KaptainFudge Newbie

I understand these sd cards have problems with this cart, but I've had it working perfectly fine before. Was just trying to see if I could save it, but I'm pretty sure now that my cart is just kaputs. Thanks for the help.