1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with Re-Flashing my Sammy drive???

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by twinviper, Nov 29, 2007.

1. twinviper

twinviper Member

Help with Re-Flashing my Sammy drive???

OK well I have followed the tutorials and read a bunch of threads buy can’t seem to find an answer.

I have a 360 with a Sammy Drive originally a MS25 and flashed it with no problems using iprep v002 and the iXtreme 1.2 quiet firmware.

I now want to flash it to the iXtreme 1.3a firmware using iprep v006

I created a new floppy with iprep v006 details as follows
    iXtreme Firmware
    -Samsung iXtreme Firmware Version v 1.3 – 12x
    Sata Info
    -Patch MTKFlash is ticked
    - Controller selected is my “Intel ICH8 4 port Serial ATA Storage Controller – 2820”
    Destination
    -Target drive is A:\
    -Format/Make device bootable is ticked

I have tried a bunch of different settings but I seem to get farthest with these settings.
    Now I boot into DOS using the Disk and I have all other drives disconnected on my PC.
    I try to do a Dsam first and everything looks good it finds 2 drives Xtreme Master and Xtreme Slave and it show me the instructions to select the drive and turn off console for 10-15 sec. and when turned back on the reading should commence. This is where I get stuck nothing happens?

I have tried both the Xtreme Master and Xtreme Slave NOTHING
    I have read that you may have to turn the console Off and On many times I think I have done it about 30 times NOTHING
    I wasn’t sure if I need to do the 0800 disc to turn off the firmguard because as I said above I can see a drive without doing it but I tried it any way and still get the same results NOTHING

Any Suggestions?

2. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

Turn on 360 with SATA plugged into Primart SATA port
    Boot PC with bootdisk
    type mtkflash w /m /sata "filename.bin"
    When it asks you to select "xtreme primary, secondary" Turn 360 off
    Select Xtreme Primary
    Count to 10
    Turn 360 back on.