1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with Record Now Max.......please

Discussion in 'PS2' started by b.whizzz, Nov 28, 2003.

1. b.whizzz

b.whizzz Member

Hi, I have made two good backups with record now max(pop idol & conflict desert storm 2)but i have made lots of coasters when trying other games.I record on pioneer dvr-106 and bulkpaq discs.I boot with swap magic ver2.My coasters with get the blue border but wont load.I was wondering if it was burn speed? I wanted to try 2x or even 1x, but my record now max only has "min" "mid" "max" settings. Is there any way of setting it to 1x?

Also should i try using another programe to back them up or a combination of programs?

Cheers all.

2. ModIt

ModIt Member

Hey b.whizzz i use record now max to back up all of my games with this program I use a sony dru500ax though with migic swap, no-solder mod and a V7 ps2. Ok throught my time using record now max i've noticed i haved that same issuse ur having with the blue screen and no boot and then i came to figure out some facts after the recording. I some cases when it happens i noticed that the dvd-r that i backed up the game on had like 2 different layers of burning and thats cause buy my burner either changing speed or did burn the data on the dvd-r deep enough and whenever i get a game with the dvd-r having the 2 color it wouldn't boot or in some cases boot but the game is distorted and freeze soo i ended to find out that it was the balnks that i was using. I backed up that same game using another blank and everything worked fine. Ok when using recored now max its best that u create an image of the game before u actually burn it and set reading speeds to minimim. hope this info help u in some kinda way

3. b.whizzz

b.whizzz Member

Cheers Modit I will try using different media.Do the backups have to be on DVD-R or can they be on DVD+R?

4. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Record Now is the best program out in my oppinion at least you probably just used some cheap dvds or they where deffected in some way.I also use Dvd+R dvds V7 can read + and they also work better in my oppinion also.

5. b.whizzz

b.whizzz Member

Hey L_Burna, Yep you were right, changed to some Ritek discs and Record Now Max did a good copy, cheers.
    Do you know if ver 4 PS2 can read DVD+R?will try if you dont know, just i dont fancy wasting a disc if you know they dont.

6. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

some v4 ps2's will read +r discs some wont i guess you will just have to try one to see if it works or not

7. Maverick®

Maverick® Member

Doesn't RecordNow MAX have an incompatibility problem with Nero InCD? Can both exist on the same system?

8. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

i have nero 6,record now,clone cd and cdr win5 on my system(win xp)and they dont cause me any compatibility problems the only burning program that upset my system was adaptec easy cd creator dont know about incd as i dont use it

9. Maverick®

Maverick® Member

None of the programs you listed were mentioned. The only program I mentioned was Nero "InCD". When you try & install RecordNow on a system that already has InCD installed, the installer says that InCD needs to be uninstalled.

10. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

my apology i miss read your question i thought it read as nero and in cd and was just saying nero and record now will happily sit on a system together along with the other software i mentioned.you could try instaling record now first then incd after you've instaled record now as some times that will sort out compatability problems but i'm not certain as i have never had incd instaled on my system

Last edited: Nov 29, 2003
  11. Maverick®

Maverick® Member

received from Stomp Technical support:

Dear Customer,

Nero InCD will conflict with RecordNOw Max. There is not a patch available to allow you to have both on the system.

Regards,
    Technical support
    Stomp, Inc.

12. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

guess that solves that one then