1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with reflash!

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by beirke, Jan 28, 2008.

1. beirke

beirke Member

Hey everyone,
    I modded my xbox 360 in sptember 2007 and it was a Samsung MS25 drive, had no problems with flashing with my VIA card, then in december i flashed someone's Benq drive and a friends Hitachi 0059 drive.
    Also no problems, but yesterday i tryed a MS28 drive with Bad flash metod and that was when my problems started. I just dumped the firmware through dSAM command, selected Xtreme Pri Master counted to ten and powered on my xbox 360. it dumped normally and the said to proceed with flashing. So i did fSAM and then i waited 10 seconds powered on started with bank00 stopped at 01% and said err: user break but i didn't press any button. So i tried to reflash, waited 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,12,13,14,15,16,17 seconds but none of them worked, the green light in the middle of th ring of light kept flashing. If i put it all back together the xbox is giving me an e65 error. My original firmware dump is good but the firmware flashed to my drive isn't. And i tried almost everything to reflash or restore to original firmware. Also tried dumping the firmware again and also nothing happens. Someone please Help me

2. beirke

beirke Member

Anyone ?

3. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

Have you tried just using the mtkflash command?

4. beirke

beirke Member

Yes i tried the mtkflash r /m /sata orig.bin command and also didn't work.

5. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

It should be "w" instesd of "r" to write to the drive. Also, I use a Roswell sata card and the command doesn't work with "sata". I use "mtkflash w /m xxx.bin" to write.

6. beirke

beirke Member

I meant that I tried R (for read) and w in the command, And when i flashed my MS25 i did it with sata and it worked, but i tried it out and it also didn't worked. If nobody has an other suggestion, i will send it to MS repair service. the console is still in warranty (In Europe you get 2 years warranty :p).

Greetz

7. tcs614

tcs614 Member

well your in luck since its a samsung. I'm going to go on assuming that the drive gets read in mtkflash, but doesn't flash when you select it. The solution is really simple actually. When you get to select the drive, turn off your 360, and at the same time select the drive. Once you do that, listen carefully for the fan on the back of the 360 to turn off. After that, wait 1-10 seconds and power on the 360. Supposedly its the 10 second trick, but 10 never worked for me. When i had the problem your having, i tried exactly 10 seconds a shitload of times, but it never worked. Then I tried 5 a few times, but it didnt work. Then i waited 6 seconds and the first time i tried it, mtkflash began reflashing my drive and it was "unbricked."

8. beirke

beirke Member

yeah well, problem is that i already tried that like a billion times: 10 times trying with 10 seconds, ten times trying with eight seconds, 10x with 7 seconds, etc etc and none of them worked!!!