1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help with Rempeg2....

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by rubberman, Dec 27, 2002.

1. rubberman

rubberman Regular member

I'm trying to reduce the video on a movie. The video_ts folder is 5 gigs. I am using Rempeg2 and open the VTS_01_1 file which is .99gigs. It read it then i hit Encode and took about 2 hours to finish. Now i have a 707mb file. i dont know what kind of file it is. Its not a vob, m2v, or anything. What do i do with this file? The guides confuse me so if anyone can explain in simple terms. thanks

2. framerman

framerman Regular member

It should be an m2v file. If you right click the file and press rename and type in the .m2v extension, it should change. When you save files in ReMpeg, you should type in the extension with the file name before you press encode.

3. rubberman

rubberman Regular member

I did rename it to a .m2v file. I merged it with the original VTS_01_1.vob file in ifoedit. When i played it back i got no sound and the speed up then slowed, back and forth. Can you tell me the right way to merge the files back>

4. omegaboy

omegaboy Guest

Hi, I used Rempeg2 also and didn't see that errors coming. Perhaps you and I are reading different guides? Would you like to see my Rempeg2 guide? Maybe mine would help out more if it's not the same as your guide! I will send you the guides through ICQ so please do not give me your email address in this forum post because it is against the rules, thanks!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2002
  5. rubberman

rubberman Regular member

rubbersdss@yahoo.com -send it to me!

6. framerman

framerman Regular member

Whoa boy! You guys need to read the forum rules. No emails! Besides, your just asking for a ton of spam posting your email where everyone can see it.

7. rubberman

rubberman Regular member

kinda hard not to when you dont have any option to PM someone.

8. omegaboy

omegaboy Guest

hey framerman, remember that post i ask about how to create a new dvds out of a bunch of vobs? heheheh... i finally did it!!! cool eh? I didn't have the patient to wait for the experts to answer me so I just experienced everything myself and tada!!!! hehehe