1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with repairing my converted Xvid file

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by Badfish, Mar 26, 2004.

1. Badfish

Badfish Member

Ok...I searched the forum for the answer but haven't found what I hope is out there. Anyways, I used the afterdawn guide step-by-step to transfer my Xvid movie to DVD format. After all was said and done, there is no sound at all and the video playback is really fast (like someone has it on fast forward). My question is....Any way to fix this without spending another 26 hours it took to encode it in the first place? Is there something I can do in authoring to fix any of this?
    TIA

2. shiroh

shiroh Guest

26 hours......i do not know what the problem might be with the fast forward problem, but i do know the you can multiplex the audio with the video.

check the file on the computer, and play it on the PC, if all is fine on the PC it must be your dvd. you can escape reencoding back by extracting the audio from the vob files and multiplex it (combining it)

but i'm geussing if the video plays in FF on the PC you might need to reencode back

3. Badfish

Badfish Member

Yea...the video is fast on the PC as well as DVD. Looks like I'll be throwing that disk away cause there is no way I'm gonna do another 26 hours worth.

I might try again but use Videostudio this time to see what happens.