1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with ripped playback

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by esteban88, Nov 9, 2011.

1. esteban88

esteban88 Member

Please help!!! Hi Im new to this website and Im trying to rip my movie collection and have come across a few who cant seem to function properly. I have used Free DVD encrypter from DVDvideosoft.com]DVDvideosoft.com, DVD Decrypter from DVD Decrypter download DVDDecrypter, DVD Shrink and Format Factory to just rip the DVD and try to watch. NO burning what so ever.

One person at howtogeek.com told me to reformat them to the format they were already in, he said they might be cleared after that (which was WMV) a diiferent guy told me to convert them to MPG and use VLC player but on some of the Movie previews they arent even being loaded because I dont see them, I know they are there because on WMP I can see them. I made sure the whole DVD was ripped even though I cant view them without freezing.

Also Im thinking about buying a product Like DVD cloner 8 or WIX DVD Ripper Platinum maybe that might help. I dont know so if you could tell me wheather buying would help please let me know.

2. attar

attar Senior member

3. esteban88

esteban88 Member

Thansk but I've also used this as well I just forgt to mention it as well as handbrake and both were unsucessfull with the same movie.

Do you know if DVD cloner 8 or WIN X DVD Ripper Platinum after buy will work?

4. attar

attar Senior member

Can you spell out an example of the problem you are having with a particular movie.

5. esteban88

esteban88 Member

ok heres what happenin I rip the dvd in my case its the Remember the titans, bring it on movies and after the program says its done I start to watch the results and it depends where but the it will start to freeze. Like I said its in different places.

I have windows 7 x64 pro, I have a intel core quad q8200 @ 2.33 ghz, 8 gigs of memory installed 5.59 available. I have a Terabyte hard drive where im storing all the movie files. I use that same hd fo backing up my C: and a back up of a portable hd as well.

6. attar

attar Senior member

You can play the disk ok on the PC, but when the disk is ripped to a folder on the hard drive, it freezes on playback?

7. esteban88

esteban88 Member

Correct. I've watched the Titans movie on a dvd player more than 10 ten times and dosen't freeze i've also tried it on my dvd burner/player on the PC and works just fine I have a HL-DT-ST DVDRom GH15F Scsi CdRom Device (copied it from the properties menu).

I have tried many rippers and get the same result from that movie and the Bring it on movie. I've ripped "Planes Trains & Automobiles" but havent watched the playback to determine if it freezes or not.

8. attar

attar Senior member

Using VLC: Media > Open Disk > Browse to the folder on the HDD, select and Play.

If it freezes, does it coincide with a chapter point or anything that can be predicted.

9. esteban88

esteban88 Member

No It just freezes whenever the heck it feels like like it. I've reripped the same dvd with DVD shrink and DVD Decrypter and they both freeze at different point in the movie but, with VLC it plays fine until it freezes a little bit but keeps playing.

I would like to see the movie previews that show up before the menu If all possible

10. attar

attar Senior member

I can't come up with a reason why it would play ok from the disk (on the PC) - but have problems with the ripped files.
    Suggest you post at the VideoHelp site for more responses.

http://forum.videohelp.com/

11. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Your watching them from the external? if that's the case move it to the desktop try again

edit:ps the ripping software isn't the issue

Last edited: Nov 10, 2011
  12. esteban88

esteban88 Member

Are you talking about the external I have backed up? No Im not storing them there, Im storing them on the 1 terabyte hard drive that I have. Its not the C: drive its a second drive that I have for backing up. I dont think that the backed files have to do with anything if that's what your thinking because I've put some on my desktop just so I could access them quicker and they still freeze. If you could though still help me if you can I'd greatly appreciated.

Also could you maybe answer my question about the DVD cloner8: is the program good I've looked at the reviews and still not sure. Plus I just found out that DVDFab you have to renew the license, I thought it was a buy once and dont loose the program files. If there is something like pay once and forget about it could you send me the link to it. Id greatly appreciated again. thanks.

13. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Nah i thought you had movies stored on external & were playing them from there.

I have dvdfab with lifetime license however i'm finding fab to be seriously buggy & crashing all the time,i now use anydvd & clonedvd they also have lifetime license & have had all three for more than 4 years,only reason i bought them was everyone round here was mentioning them,pus neither require online activation which is real important if they should ever go under,you won't be stuck with a non working software if you ever reformat,tho chances are piratebay will list cracked versions..lol..

This freezing issue at different places could be bad sectors on the hdd,run the disc's makers disk checker & see what the log says it's either that or there's something running in the back ground that's sucking cpu while playing

edit:could be plugins when i use vlc it uses less of everything than if i used klite or cyberlink or perhaps fragmentation is an issue

Last edited: Nov 13, 2011
  14. esteban88

esteban88 Member

Hi Yes I would like to happily tell you that I have found out why my playback has not been working I had a bad driver on the hd I was storing the dvd's in I have uninstalled and reinstalled the driver and have fixed the problem. Although you couldn't solve the problem I would like to thank you anyways for trying.

If anyone ask help with the same problem I had tell them to reinstall their hd driver and if that is the source of the problem that should fix it. Again thank you for atleast trying.

15. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

makes sense & it would never have entered my mind a hdd driver was cause,un frak'n believable,anyway how'd you figure it out

16. esteban88

esteban88 Member

Im able to watch the same movie on my primary hd which C: but when I move it to the secondary which my D: thats when it starts to freeze so, I remember some where were I either read this on other forums or somebody told me (anyways) they said to uninstall the driver and reinstall it. Which worked.

But know I think I have a bad hd cause its still doing it. Im reformating it and the 1st thing im gonna try and do is copy the files of one movie and see if it works plus I could run the chkdsk command in cmd and see if there is something wrong with it. If you like Ill let you know but plz respond to this thread in order for me to know if you want the details. please. thank you.

17. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

nah sweet as that's all i wanted to know as for chkdsk run the hdd manufacturers check utility although windows creates a log of what errors it finds if the hdd is still under warranty the manufacturers log will determine if you get a rebate or another hdd