1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help with ripping this audio cd?

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by aneeta, Feb 2, 2011.

1. aneeta

aneeta Member

hi, newbie here but I'll try to be as detailed as possible. My dad gave me this disc that use to run on my desktop ( os XP home edition) without fault. Now my current laptop, also running xp but professional, cannot play this disc. It is a cd-r that had 25 albums of the Beatles with images and lyrics. I do not know how my father's friend did this, but it was pretty nifty that it didn't take up that much space. It was composed in 1995. I tried compatibility wizard and set it to windows 95 but to no avail. A window popped up and said " caused a general fault in module, will now close". I need to copy the whole program , not just the songs because i was able too,except the songs were not divided into tracks, like the whole album is one long track. Or atleast make it playable again. thank you.

2. Mez

Mez Active member

I suspect it is a DVD not a CD. You really can't fit 25 albums on a CD unless the bit rate is tiny. Try using a different computer. I think your drive is inferior to the one in the desktop. Copy the files from the disk to a flash drive using the daesk top that can read the disk.