1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with San Andreas

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Mike98765, Dec 28, 2004.

1. Mike98765

Mike98765 Member

Hello i just burned San Andreas on a DVD -r, and theres a problem. The game takes like a minute to load missions and gets stuck on the first mission by saying that it cannot read the game disc. Is there any way to fix this? your help is much appreciated. thanks

2. gillies

gillies Regular member

yes, start again. diff media. diff burn speeds.r u using mod or swap. if mod which one?

3. Mike98765

Mike98765 Member

Hi, thanks for rteplying, iam using Swap Magic. I burned it with DVD Decrypter at 1x speed. I also burned Burnout 3 the same way, with the same type of dvd -r, and it works fine. Should i be using a dvd-loader like for the cd rips? I have burned the dvdLoader v7, but how to i load it? Thanks again bye

4. dumbshit

dumbshit Member

yeh i got the same results with mine i used dvd decryptor and burned at 1x using memorex 4x dvd-r it works but the roads and all dont load so great and the loading screen takes at least twice as long as usual ..the first time i burnt it i used nero and it loaded got to the screen where it showed the people right before the loading screen and then it froze so i guess im gonna try alcohol this time

5. cuteperv

cuteperv Regular member

u burnt using Memorex and it loaded that amazed me. I burnt using memorex and none loaded.
    You might wanna try Ridata Ritek go4, burn at 1x speed, and make sure ALL the programs and internet connection are shut down at that time.
    N if u do all of those right, i guarantee u that your game will boot just like the original one (just like the 1 i burnt, works flawlessly)

6. Mike98765

Mike98765 Member

I dont think its the type of DVD, i also read about someone else having this problem, i think its the games problem. I downloaded 3 more games with dvd decryptor and memorex and they all work fine. Its just San Andreas. Is there any way i can use DVDLoader to fix this little problem?

7. Wheet

Wheet Guest

I burned GTA SA with DVD Decrypter using Varbatim DVD-R media, and it works perfectly. and im using Swap MAgic CD's. i also burned it a max speed which was 4x. No lagging or long loads or anything! so i'd just say try to fool around with your media and programs and write speed.

8. jonngo

jonngo Member

Yeah I have burned San Andreas twice before I got it the way I wanted it to. What you need to do is simple try to burn it a 2.4x or 2x on DVD decrypter.

9. Mike98765

Mike98765 Member

tHANKS GUYS,
    jonngo: Can you tell me what software and the speed you used and what type of cd you used. I thought burning at the smallest speed was the best and would cause less problems. Well i guess i was wrong. Also, does anyone have a clue as to if the problem will go away if i use DVD-Loader? Aint dvd-loader supposed to give a higher TOC? Anyway, thanks for all your replys, later

10. cuteperv

cuteperv Regular member

I use DVD Decrypte to rip and to burn. I use Ridata Ritek Go4 4x DVD-R. My San Andrea runs like the original one, no erorr at all.
    And yes burning at the lowest speed will help u avoid potential reading error as well as compatibility error.
    There are more than just DVD media type and speed. It could be like you run some other programs while u burn the copy. I said this b/c it actually happened to me. I were surfing the internet while i was making my copy.

11. maulucci

maulucci Member

I used dvd decryptor and Varbatim dvd+r at 2x and the game works perfectly

12. psmo290

psmo290 Member

to make it work perfectly, did you close all your programs and internet?

just wondering

13. jonngo

jonngo Member

Mike98765,

I think DVD loader might be able to help it load. Anyways it can't really hurt.

If you don't know how to use it just look around it the forums bc I have made a really descriptive post and it'll tell you what to do.

As for the media I use Memorex DVD-r but I doubt that is the problem. My DVD writer is a PLEXOR PX-708UF.

DVD loader isn't a higher toc so that's why you have to refresh it with SM or an original game.

14. rknothing

rknothing Member

I dont know why everyone hates Memorex so much...i just burned San Andreas using Decrypter onto one and it works flawlessly on the first try. no slow loads, no freezing, nothing. its working like the origional

15. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

The problem with memorex is they outsource to a lot of different vendors.Some are top of the line (ricoh) some are garbage (cmc). I buy bulk 100 at a time so i cant take that chance.
    but if you can get Memorex (ricoh or ricohjpn) everytime they will work with no issues.

Mike-
    Make sure your using swap magic 3.3 (the others tend to have issues)
    psmo-
    I had to close azureus as it was causing
    errors while burning my games i really didnt know it used so much of my system resources.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2005