1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help with shrink errors!! 2 drives, same error!!!

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by tlee_20, Mar 15, 2005.

1. tlee_20

tlee_20 Member

can anyone help me with my problem. i recently built a new computer and i have been making backup copies of my movies for about a month. i purchased 2 new drives when i built the computer. they are lite-on drives. one is a dvd+-rw and the other ir a dvd-rom. i have been using shrink the whole time and one day it kept giving me stupid "cyclic redundancy check" errors. at first it was on the rom. so i went to using the burner to read and write both. well tonight i got the same error on the burner. i am also getting errors with decrypter, dvd x copy, and nero. i know 2 drives didnt go out in a month. i know its possible, but i dont think so. the disks are in excellent condition. i use memorex media. i know a lot of people bad mouth these, but i have used over 600 of them with no problem. so i am unsure on what to do. do i need to update my drivers? and if so where do i find updates? any help would be appreciated..

2. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

3. tlee_20

tlee_20 Member

i am sorry. i didnt know which one to put it in.

4. jugbugs

jugbugs Member

Is this error you are having just with a particular movie? if so post what movie, if not post all the movies you are having problems with.

Also, what versions of your software are you using?

5. Gringle

Gringle Guest

firmware updates http://www.cdfreaks.com/software/

Memorex isn't bad-mouthed!

Folk in here merely comment, that because it's made by several other companys' both, good, and bad media suppliers, and sold under the Memorex label. It is inconsistent in quality, therefore unreliable, and not worth using.

usually the problems you've outlined, are the result of poor media..

regards gringle

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2005
  6. sox2k4

sox2k4 Member

i seriously second that! Memorex is horribly inconsistent. stop using it immediately or else you are going to be buying a lot of expensive coasters. i used to lose about 30-40 of a spindle due to bad discs from Memorex. i use TDK and Ritek/Ridata these days and i have zero problems.

7. squizzle

squizzle Active member

CRC errors usually come from a scratched, dirty, or corrupted original disc. As asked before, are you only getting this error on one movie or is it a bunch of them?

8. tlee_20

tlee_20 Member

i am getting them from random disks. its not just one certain movie. all of them play fine and are not scratched. i know you say memorex are inconsistent, but i have used 30 spindles and i dont see why they would be doing this now. if it burnt fine and played fine, why wouldnt it read fine when trying to burn again?