1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with softmod - Mech Installer

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by darkodin, Jun 21, 2007.

1. darkodin

darkodin Member

Hi

This is my first Softmod. I have read loads of stuff online and am stuck.

I used the Mech Installer Game saves - Run Linux, Restore Dashboard and Emergency Linux.

When I run "Run Linux" It tells me it fails and to run the "Dashboard Restore". When I run "Dashboard Restore" it says it is corrupt (from memory, or something similar). I can run "Emergency Linux" and I have telnetted into it from my PC but I have no idea if this is a good or bad thing as I don't know what I can do from Telnet. I think my dashboard may be the wrong version but can't find out the version, I have read many tutorials and can't see the version number on my machine. I have found a tutorial for changing the dashboard version (downgrade) via telnet but it wants you to upload a file to it (upload fonts-2004-01-15.tar.gz to ftp://192.168.0.3/mnt/E ) but I can't find where to get a copy of this file. But unless I know the dashboard number or if this is the right thing to do I am stuck.

Can anybody please help me out?

Cheerz
    Ray

2. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

3. darkodin

darkodin Member

Thanks Chunkhead, looks pretty thorough. Hope I don't kill it in the process :)

4. darkodin

darkodin Member

One question, do you know if it is possible for me to ftp in the splinter cell game save/hack?

Problem is I am using a usb/xbox cord and a SD card/reader and Action replay etc won't let me use it, I used an OZchip Fatx writer thing and it doesn't seem to write anything but image files. I have had a hard time getting the Mech Installer on the xbox to begin with and now that I can use emergency linux atleast I was wondering if I could get the SID installer for Splinter cell on their manually through ftp.

5. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Trust me, use the guide and FTP across the files to a memory card! Of course you'll need another modded Xbox...

6. darkodin

darkodin Member

That's the prob, I have no idea where to get one. BUT I am in it right now via ftp, I found a way in through emergency linux. My only problem is working out which drive is my card. any idea? I am guessing D.

7. darkodin

darkodin Member

Yep, I am definately in there. Can't see the Mem card though. Although I have been able to drop the UData files directly to the xbox hard drive. When I run it (Splinter Cell save) though it goes to an error screen.

I do have 5960 dash too, i worked it out.

I might try dropping new Mech Installer files to the xbox drive and see if that works.

8. darkodin

darkodin Member

Well I have all the files for mech and splinter cell on there now, neither work.

Splinter Cell goes to customer service 21 screen and Mech Assault hangs on a flickering screen.

I think I will give up.