1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help with soldering the xbit in to a v 1.6

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by boscoroll, Mar 29, 2005.

1. boscoroll

boscoroll Member

sorry if this has been post elsewhere but i seem to have a real hard time finding the directions on how to solder in the 3rd chip fix for the v1.6 At first i could not even figure out what the 3rd chip was for but now that i know i still cant find any directions on how to install it i even looked dms3.com with no luck lots of explaining on how to install the chip it self but not this peice thanx for any help

2. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

Are you sure the xbit 1.6 supports the newest Xbox version? I was meant to believe that it does not.

3. boscoroll

boscoroll Member

i have a chip that came with my shipment that says x-b.i.t. 1.6 adapter right on the chip

4. boscoroll

boscoroll Member

its the xbit 1.5 for a xbox 1.6

5. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

6. boscoroll

boscoroll Member

thanx but them are the same directions ive been finding They never mention the 1.6 adapter or where to solder it and where to plug it in at Ive been looking all last night and tonight even emailed emailed modchip.com (where i got it from) 2 times in 3 days no response

7. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

Well talk about crappy service! Try e-mailing other modding sites about your problem and see if they can help you. Also, maybe people on this forum can help you out... http://www.geocities.com/modchipzone/

They have many good moderators to help you find what you are looking for...