1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with some clarification for PSP slim

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by Smokingq, Dec 28, 2007.

1. Smokingq

Smokingq Member

hello all, happy new year to all of you out there!
    i need some help to put a cfw into my psp slim. from what i read, if i want to put cfw into a psp slim, i need to to a few things.
    i have a fat psp with cfw 3.52m33-4 which larrylje help me with the walk through. so.. in order to put cfw into my psp slim with a 3.71 official firmware, i need to:
    1. create a pandora battery ( i supposed leave the battery in the fat psp to create the so called pandora battery?)
    2. after the pandora battery is created, i put that battery into the slim psp to flash it with cfw?
    if yes, what files do i need to put into the memory card of the slim psp in order to get it to 3.71m33-4?
    i have followed larrylje"s guide and download the "easy installer" ... i supposed this file is what they called "universal unbricker v3" ?
    i just want to get all the info ready before i flash it.
    larrylje, if you are still around , any help would ge greatly appreciated.

thank you alll.......

you all take care and have a wonderful holiday\!

2. Crazykid3

Crazykid3 Regular member

Click here. Download it. Now follow these instructions on a PSP-100x (Phat):

This is the one you have been reading about-The one where you can:

** upgrade slims to 3.71-2 M33
    ** upgrade phat to 3.71-2 M33 w/ 1.50-2 kernel patch
    ** downgrade phat to 1.50
    ** upgrade phat straight to 3.52 M33 from Extended Boot Menu then install update 4 no need to downgrade to 1.50
    ** start up PSP with Ultimate Loader with support For choosing which Pandora's you reach V1 or V3(by hold L trigger)
    ** boot to XMB (Phat Only)
    ** boot to a full 1.50 from Mem Stick (Phat Only)
    ** use PSPFiler and other tools (If it requires 1.50 slims can't)

All from one memory stick...

The best thing about this, is that all you need to create your pandora battery, and your Ultimate Magic Stick, is a custom firmware enabled psp...No more confusing mspformat commands and IPL manipulation...You dont even need to use your computer-except to transfer the files to your PSP [Vista users rejoice!!]-If you can run a cso from your psp-you too can have the power of Pandora in your hands! All from an easy to use GUI-enabled installer that runs from your psp-

This will eliminate the issues people are having when attempting to create a memory stick using Vista as everything is done from your PSP.

Before you get started, you will need:
    1> A psp with custom firmware already installed
    2> A battery you want to convert to a Pandora (yes,it can be converted back)
    3> A spare memory stick PRO DUO (256MB-2GB)
    4>1.50, and 3.71 official $ony firmware updates
    5>The installer which can be found HERE, or HERE

Getting Started:
    1>Format your memory stick(from the psp menu)-{make sure you back up any game saves, MP3's, etc, beforehand}that you plan to use as the UPMS
    2>Go into USB mode and delete all but the ISO, and PSP folders
    3>While in USB mode-copy the UPMS installer.cso into your ISO folder
    4>Copy the 1.50 update to the root of your memory stick-named as 150.PBP
    5>Copy the 3.71 update to the root of your memory stick-named as 371.PBP
    6>Run the UPMS program from the XMB as you would an ISO or cso. (make sure your NO-UMD is set correctly in recovery mode-SONY NP9660)
    7>Follow the steps in order (1-4)from the UPMS program {If you already have a Pandora battery set up, you can skip step #2 in the installer}

-For best results, follow each step in order and as follows:>>NOTE: This applies to a full version install<<
    Step#1-Select the 'sleep fix Multi-IPL' option
    Step#2-Backup your eeprom, then create Your battery
    Step#3-Install UPMS with utilities (slowest)-It may take a while-Please be patient. (This will install the extras from step #4)
    Step#4-Skip this step if you used the 'full version' installer and selected 'Install UPMS w/ utilities from step #3 (If you used the 'Limited' version-you will have to install the programs seperately.)

To use it, remove the ms, battery, and a charger is running. Insert the memory stick into the PSP. Hold down the L-TRIGGER and then insert the battery. HOLD THE L_TRIGGER until you see the main menu. If its a slim, you will only have one option:install 3.71 M33-2. If you use this on a phat, you will have many options. You can experiment all you want with the options, because nothing is harmful.

EDIT:
    These instructions will work on any PSP, regardless or Slim/Phat, or any Firmware, so long as the Firmware is custom.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2007
  3. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Yes use my guide HERE which will create a Magic Memory Stick + Pandora battery. Use your FAT PSP to do these steps.

After using your FAT to create the above place the Magic Memory Stick in the PSP SLIM then the Pandora battery and a menu will come up letting you install 3.71 M33 to the SLIM PSP.

Just follow the guide it is simple.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2007
  4. Smokingq

Smokingq Member

sorry, if i sound so dumb. but i have several things that i dont quite understand from the guide. i have created the magic memory stick.
    so this is where the confusion began: creating the pandora battery. under the guide:

1. PANDORA GUIDE: THOSE THAT HAVE CUSTOM FIRMWARE PSP

Go to Game Menu Memory Stick and run OS Pandora Battery Tool. Press X at warning screen to get to Main Menu.

Select "backup battery eeprom to ms0:/eeprom.bin"

After the eeprom is backed up go to "convert to service mode"

Go to Quiet Now after the Battery has been converted and it will exit to XMB.

This means with the magic memory stick inside my fat psp, following this step will creat the pandora battery?

2. Turn off the PSP and take out the Battery then re-insert the Battery back in the PSP and the Universal Unbricker Menu should come up. press X to install 3.71 M33 to the PSP.

This means takes the pandora batter and inserted into the slim psp to installed teh 3.71m33?

3. After the custom firmware is installed take out the Battery and plug the PSP in via AC Adapter and turn the PSP on (without the Battery inserted).

After the PSP boots to XMB place the Battery into the PSP and go to Game Menu Memory Stick and select OS Pandora Battery Tool.

You will get a warning screen just press X to get to the Main Menu. When the Main Menu comes up go to "flash only serial from mso:/eeprom.bin"

Go to Quiet Now and it will exit to the XMB. Now turn off the PSP and unplug it from AC Adapter. Now Take out the Battery then re-insert the Battery replacing the battery cover and use as normal now.

This means take out the pandora battery from the slim psp and put in the same magic memory stick into the fat psp to convert it back to a normal battery?

5. You can now update to 3.71 m33-4 by running the 3.71 m33-4 update via Game menu memory Stick.

Using the same magic memo stick, inserted it back into the slim psp and chose the update 3.71m33-4?

after the update, do i have to go into the "recovery mode" to do any of the setting like i have to do on the fat psp?

once i get the answers for these questions, i will work on it. hopefully by sunday..

anyhow, thanx again for all the help.
    you all take care and have a safe and happy new year!

5. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Use your FAT PSP that has custom firmware on it to create the Universal Unbricker V3 Magic Memory Stick and Pandora battery.

All steps on the linked guide is done with the PSP FAT.

The only time you use your PSP SLIM is after you have created the Magic memory Stick and Pandora Battery.

Place the Magic Memory Stick into the PSP SLIM then place the Pandora Battery into the SLIM. Install the custom firmware.

Then to convert the Battery back to normal use the FAT PSP Again.

It isn't that hard if you just follow the guide.

After you get done and want to play ISO on the PSP SLIM go HERE and follow these steps to get them to play properly.

6. Smokingq

Smokingq Member

whoooohooooooo...
    did it.
    thank you so much larrylje.
    it's working now. not hard after all if you know the step
    it's working now.
    now all i need is a 8gb memo stick.

have a wonderful new year!

again, thanks larrylje.