1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with some downgrading stuff!

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by jesse_OMG, Nov 10, 2007.

1. jesse_OMG

jesse_OMG Member

Alright, so first I want to say that I LOVE! these forums. I know I will love my stay here.

Anyways, I OH SO BADLY WANT TO PUT custom firmware on my PSP. One problem, I have 3.72. (I know, it SUCKS). I have NO ACCESS to any other PSP's let alone a CFW one. Don't worry, I already know alot about CFW, I'm not that big of a n00b. So anyways, I downloaded something called Pandora's Box GUI or something. I will buy a Datel Tool Battery. Once I have the tool battery, when I make the magic memory stick, do I make it with the tool battery inside? Or a normal battery. + When I downgrade back to 1.50 with the tool battery, I will upgrade back to custom firmware, What if it bricks?

Here's how I think I should do it.

Make the magic memory stick with the GUI. Pop it inside the PSP with the Tool Battery. (WHAT DO I RUN AFTERWARDS?) PLEASE EXPLAIN ALOT!

2. marlino23

marlino23 Regular member

Well first of all, you can create the files without the battery inside the PSP. Since you bought the datel then you simply put in the memory stick that you modified, then put in the battery and press the X button. If you brick then you can just recover again so virtualy it is impossible to brick. And there is a very, very, very small chance of u bricking anyways... slim to none. Once the battery is in the PSP with the memory stick it will all be more clear to you.

3. jesse_OMG

jesse_OMG Member

Ok, So I'm gona go out to find the tool battery tomorrow. Then as soon as I get it, I will make the MMS. Or, I could make the stick now. Hey, whats the best custom firmware out there?

4. marlino23

marlino23 Regular member

You can make it now, and the best in my opinion is 3.71 M33-3.

5. jesse_OMG

jesse_OMG Member

Ok, I dont have the battery yet, and Ill have to look for it tomorrow. So I made the magic memory stick. I have something called Pandora Creator, 3.52 M33 update, some Xploder or something like that, and a corrupt data. is this all right?

6. marlino23

marlino23 Regular member

Yeah, that's perfect...

7. jesse_OMG

jesse_OMG Member

I called Microplay and EB Games. None of them have it. I'll check Wal-Mart and Zellers tommorrow. If I can't get it, I'll try doing that think when you open up the PSP Battery and take that part off. My friend said you don't even need to solder anything, you can just pick it off with a knife or something.

8. guano

guano Regular member

That's true, but make sure you see an image of how to do it. I know there are images pointing at which pin to break off.

9. jesse_OMG

jesse_OMG Member

Alright, I'm going soon. WIsh me luck that I'll find it! If I don't, I'm buying a normal battery instead, and ripping out that chip.

10. guano

guano Regular member

Good luck!

11. jesse_OMG

jesse_OMG Member

OMG NO! They said that they dont have it! Not at Wal-Mart or Zellers! Plan 2 now - Are you SURE I can just pick it off with a knife? Also, is ther any way for me to re-attatch that chip? By using electrical tape?

12. guano

guano Regular member

NO WAY! Don't do that. Just buy a cheap battery off eBay or look for that special Datel deal. But don't rip it off then use tape. If you don't playing while still plugged in, you can always go for it and play like that until you get another battery.

13. jesse_OMG

jesse_OMG Member

Alright. WOW! It's really small! Are you 100% sure I can get it off with a compass pin or a knife?

14. guano

guano Regular member

That's what they said on the internet. If you're unsure, don't do it. You don't wanna get even more pissed off than you are now, w/ no psp.

15. jesse_OMG

jesse_OMG Member

I know, but it's only the battery. I'm sure it can't damage the PSP. I've opened it up, and the chip is REALLY small. I'll start picking it, and when it comes off I'll tape the battery together.

16. jesse_OMG

jesse_OMG Member

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG HELP!!!!

Ok, so I opened it up. I found the chip. I took a pin to rip off the chip, but when i just touched the thing it sparked. I waiting for things to cool down, then I pulled off the chip. Came off perfect. I am having serious troubles putting the battery back together. I tried taping it, but i was sure it was still loose, and it was most likely, because it wouldn't start up.

How do I put it back together properly!?!

17. Vampiric

Vampiric Member

where can i find a guide to hardmod the battery?

18. jesse_OMG

jesse_OMG Member

ZOMG PEOPLES! It worked!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But, after I downgrade, and I reset (I don't have another batter) I'm trying to run my PSP off the AC. But, it takes me back to the Pandora Home Screen. So It must have been that my PSP battery isn't charged enough. Charging...! HOPE THIS WORKS!!!!!

19. marlino23

marlino23 Regular member

You can't boot your psp to the XMB with a Pandora's battery inside the psp. Flash it back to normal, get another battery or you can temporarily just use the AC Adaptor.

20. jesse_OMG

jesse_OMG Member

I know, I take the pandora battery out, and plug in the AC. There's no battery inside, just AC. It's still loading the Pandora Menu!! The battery isn't in there!