1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with some final clarification before downgrade then upgrade..

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by Smokingq, Sep 8, 2007.

1. Smokingq

Smokingq Member

ok, i know these questions are asked so many times before and so many have answer. so please bared with me for a few minutes. i just needed some help. it seems the more i read the more i get confused, eihter some of the info/guide is not up to date or people have used different methods.
    basically, i have a psp with firmware 2.71 US version ( found that by going into the system information on the psp) and with a motherboard IC1003 i guess it's what people called a TA-082. my neighbor bought a psp which has a firmware version of 3.40 OE-A and he can play games from a memory stick. i m trying to do the same thing, get my psp upgrade to version 3.40 OE-A just like his. So after 1 weeks of reading and lots and lots of cross info, i got confused.
    so my questions are just a few. in order to get from a 2.71 firware to a 3.40 OE-A. i have to:
    1. download a file called 2.71 TA-082 EASY DOWNGRADER 0.1 by csfreakno1. extract the file into a Memo stick and run 2.71 TA 082-1.50 with the memo stick in the psp. follow the guide and that should get me to downgrade to a 1.5 firmware right?
    what do i need to do after getting it to 1.5? install DevHook or something..?? this is where i m lost.
    2. after getting my psp to 1.5, download a file called 340 OE EASy.exe and follow the guide to upgrade my firmawer to 3.4 OE-A?
    After getting my firmware to 3.40 i could just copy what's off his memo stick and i should be fine right? or i have to installed other stuff into the psp before i can play games off the memo stick.

thank you so much if advance for the info. any help is greatly appreciated.

smoke.

2. Smokingq

Smokingq Member

just found some more info.
    what's the different between a 2.71 psp and a 2.71 psp (TA-82 or TA 86) from other guide. which one is the correct one for me?

again, thank you

3. Crazykid3

Crazykid3 Regular member

The absolute best thing to do is to have your neighbor make a Pandora Battery and use that to downgrade your PSP to 1.50. When done properly, Pandora's Battery can downgrade ANY PSP of ANY Firmware without fail or worry of motherboard types. Either way, once you've downgraded to 1.50, go to http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/552224. 5 posts down, I explained in detail and in simple terms how to upgrade to 3.52 M33-4. This is better than 3.40 OE-A as you can play every single PSP game guarenteed while 3.40 OE-A can only play games up to 4-6 months ago. Most games released in the past 3 months reqiure Firmware 3.50 or higher. So you will have a better PSP than your neighbors!

EDIT:
    I believe your mobo is a TA-86 by the way.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2007
  4. larrylje

larrylje Active member

I will agree and disagree with Crazykid3 .

I would just use the 2.71 downgrader instead of the Pandora method. Both ways take some time to complete and in the long run there wouldn't bee much difference.

But there is no need to bother your neighbor to create the Pandora Battery unbricker/downgrader when you can easily use the 2.71 downgrader.

You will need to find out if you have a TA-82 or higher mobo. Doesn't really matter if it is TA-82 or TA-86 either or you will use the same 2.71 TA-82/86 downgrader.

Here is a link to a GUIDE that has both 2.71 or 2.71 TA-82/86 downgraders. Just make sure you use the correct guide that corresponds with the type of mobo and firmware your PSP has.

I will agree with him on using 3.52 M33-4 CFW. But you will need to upgrade to 3.52 M33 first then add the 3.52 M33-4 update.

If you need more help feel free to ask.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2007
  5. Smokingq

Smokingq Member

sorry for the late reply. i was busy lately.
    thank you very much for all the information. Larrylje helped me and i got my psp working just great. now that i got my psp working another problem comes up, my nephew wants the psp.. hahaa.. i might let him have it.
    anyway, thank you all for the information and the help.

smoke.

ps. thanx alot larrylje.